You can type here any text you want

15x10's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do you guys think that I still could use my M&H's 275-55-16 if I mount them on a 10" wide rim instead of the 8" wide rim I have now?...

Claude

Comments please...

I spoke with the guy who's going to do my wheels today and he recommended that for 10" wide rims, the rear spacing should be somewhere between 4.25" and 4.5"..sooo after measuring the clearance there is between the tire sidewall and the frame (almost 7/8") with the wheels I currently have (8" wide, 4" r.s.), I'm going to go with a rear spacing of 4.25". I'm afraid that if I go for a rear spacing of more than that, I'll have some frame rubbing issues...As for the fender lip clearance, they are rolled for slicks and I also have some air bags if the need arises. Do you guys think it will be ok? Keep in mind that my wheels are 16" GNX-style wheels...but I want that "big bulging tire" look...
Thanks for your comments,
Claude
______

I put a set of 15x10`s on today with a 4in space.:redface: I wish I didn`t. Looks like a front wheel drive car, with RWD off sets!:eek: Nasty!

But, with a ton of air in the bags, I have a 295/65/15 on there. I wanted to try the MT`s in that size before I changed the gear from a 3.90.
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!:eek: :D :biggrin: :redface: :frown:

5in would be the way.

Brian

"brian", is it possible for you to post a few pictures ? It would help me make up my mind before ordering my wheels...I wouldn't mind at all having the sidewall bulge sticking out of the fender, but not the thread though...In fact, I like that "fat bulging" tire look as long as it's not exagerated.
Thanks,

Claude.:smile:

air bags or the old stand by air shocks should get a 15x10 rim with any monster tire on there with NO problem .. don't even have to roll the outer fender :p

Back