You can type here any text you want

15x4 Front Wheel and Tire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Want to go to a 15x4 front wheel. What is the proper back spacing? Also I need a tire. I will do some street driving. I need a tire to hold the weight and also give me some stopping ability. I have been looking at the MT Sportsman. The car is going to be more track than street. I have done the search for two nights. Just couldn't come to a conclusion. Thanks for any help.

I think that 4" wide front wheels are a track-only thing...too narrow for the street.:rolleyes: My son had some 4" skinnies on his T-Type when he bought it but got rid of them for regular GN wheels. I myself also used front 4"skinnies (with 215-75-15 regular radial tires) for racing but I always took them off on the street as I found them too narrow and did not like the way they looked either...(but that's me...)
Lately, I bought some light aluminium wheels (4 - 15"x10"rears and 2 - 15"x7" fronts) and when I want to go racing, I just change the rears for a pair which have slicks on them and leave the fronts alone.
Good luck,

Claude. ;)

I run 15x4 with 205/75 tires on them with no issues on the street. I am going to switch to a 15x3.5 with a MT ET front soon, and drive on the street with them. I really haven't seen any reason not to run these on the street, you just have to drive reasonable. Back when I ran slicks, they were on the car all the time, street or track. I don't change tires.

I run 15x3.5s on the street. Yes the wheel is small, yes you could probably bend them taking a hard sharp turn, but I kinda doubt you would want to... the car doesn't handle very "crisply" if you know what I mean.

I would highly recommend a GOOD skinny tire though, for instance the M/T fronts (drag only, light street use) or the sportsman. I personally feel a lot safer with the sportsman with the high ply rating (they make 2 different styles). They are a heavier tire than the M/T fronts, but they are significantly more substantial and handle just fine in the rain. I run them at 40 psi around town and 60 psi at the track (max load rating). They also have exceptionally good rollout at high pressure, which is more than can be said for some of the other front tires out there. the treadwear is also pretty good, mine still look fairly new.

The car had metric 195 radials when I bought it... the previous owner had one blow out and it bashed the hell out of the drivers side of the car. he replaced it with another 195 metric radial (facepalm). on a 1 mile drive to my friends house, the passenger side tire slipped a belt right down the middle, all the way around the tire, shortly after I got the car . had I been at speed, I likely would have had another blow out that could have really cost me.

I do not recommend metric radials for that reason.

-D

Back