You can type here any text you want

15x8 GN wheels, who widens them

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ronbuick

I seem to remember their was someone in Colo. that does this, does anyone know who this is.

Ron

I agree with ksmmspt
Jim at True Design Wheel widned my TType 15" wheels to almost 9" - very nice work. Jim also was able to help me locate 2 extra wheels. I was also pleased with his price.

so how much to widened stock chrome 86 15X7's wheels to 15X8's and also to 15X10's? Thanks I have been debating on selling/trading/buying new and modding stock wheels for a few weeks now because the price I heard to widen them was over 250$ a wheel, and thats expensive! Thats $500 for 2 wheels, for $250 a wheel I could go buy some really nice NEW wheels ya know. JUST my 2 cents and my current situation right now.

darkside

I was considering having my stock GN rims widened. Stock wheels are so damn heavy, that widening them just didn't make sense. I decided to go with aftermarket alloys. Not only are they lighter, they are cheaper. Unless you're really trying to keep your car stock looking, why add the weight?

I agree with ksmmspt
Jim at True Design Wheel widned my TType 15" wheels to almost 9" - very nice work. Jim also was able to help me locate 2 extra wheels. I was also pleased with his price.

Yeah Jim got them from us.:biggrin:

so how much to widened stock chrome 86 15X7's wheels to 15X8's and also to 15X10's? Thanks I have been debating on selling/trading/buying new and modding stock wheels for a few weeks now because the price I heard to widen them was over 250$ a wheel, and thats expensive! Thats $500 for 2 wheels, for $250 a wheel I could go buy some really nice NEW wheels ya know. JUST my 2 cents and my current situation right now.

darkside

10" is $250
8" is $225
7" is $200.
If you want your original wheels refurbished & put back to having matching #'s they are $300 each.

We are workng wth a compamy to do GNX wheels & aluminum GN wheels.
I'm hoping to have the first GNX wheel here in 60 days.

would you take 86 chrome wheels as a partial trade? You could use them for another customer as cores.

17X8 gnx wheels sounds like a dream.

darkside

would you take 86 chrome wheels as a partial trade? You could use them for another customer as cores.

17X8 gnx wheels sounds like a dream.

darkside

The whole idea is not to have customers lose their original cores.With prices of these cars escalating alot of people want to keep there original GN parts so that if they ever do sell they have the parts there. We sold more stock replacement parts since Barret Jackson then we did a whole year before that.
That tells me that the owners know the value is going up & the original parts are getting harder to find.
We are going to try & purchase in large enough quantities that we will be able to resell close to the same prices with out having to take cores. Yes it will be a hi-dollar risk. No I'm not crazy about it, but I'm going on our yearly & past sales of what customers want. We use to be able to have wheels here waiting on orders 16 months ago. That is no longer so. we haven't had wheels in stock since the November before last.

I am thinking on notching my frame rails and want a stock style rim for the street. Anyone know how wide of rim and what ET Street or Drag Radial will fit? I'd like to get the biggest tire under the car that I can without tubing it.

I am thinking on notching my frame rails and want a stock style rim for the street. Anyone know how wide of rim and what ET Street or Drag Radial will fit? I'd like to get the biggest tire under the car that I can without tubing it.

I run 325s and haven't done any frame or body mods so with the right adjustments you can fit even wider....

I run 325s and haven't done any frame or body mods so with the right adjustments you can fit even wider....

I'm hoping someone can tell me what tire and rim fits with a notched frame. What rims are you running.(offset and b/s) thanks. I really want to get as wide a tire as I can for the track since the motor that's going in the car was running 10.2's with a 1.35-1.37 60' in my last car.

you can go to any rim shop and have them install a new widend dish and rechromed face, i paid 250 to have 2 gn wheels widend and rechromed. remember any rim shop can do this

10" is $250
8" is $225
7" is $200.
If you want your original wheels refurbished & put back to having matching #'s they are $300 each.

We are workng wth a compamy to do GNX wheels & aluminum GN wheels.
I'm hoping to have the first GNX wheel here in 60 days.

:eek: aluminum GN wheels? A dream come true for me!:D

Back