You can type here any text you want

15x8 or 15x10 rims w/Eibach Lowering Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA81

Which tire/rim combo will fit the rear without notching the frame or rolling/tucking the fender after the springs are installed? What backspacing? The springs will lower approx. 0.8 in. I was thinking about getting some MT DR 275/6015s. Will these rub? Also, what size for a regular street tire? I am looking for a tucked in look as much as possible. Thanks.

Please post pics if you have a similar tire/rim/spring combo.

I had lowering springs in the back and I can tell you that it does not work with that tire.
I had 15x8 with 3.5 inch BS and 275/60/15 MT DRs.
It looked so sick until I put the car in gear and the side wall and fender became friends.

You're kinda playing tug-of-war against yourself here, on one side you have lowering the car and on the other end you have wide wheels/tires. Can't always have both unless you're willing to do some major work like notching the frame. If you want the car lowered, don't plan on having big tires/wheels and vice versa.

Sure, it CAN be done, but it'll take a lot of trial an error to make sure everything fits and doesn't rub. If you want the "tucked in" look on a lowered car, you simply can't have a very wide wheel.

I went through the same thing, one week I wanted to lower my car, the next week I wanted to start running drag radials. As you can tell by the picture of my car below, I ditched the plans to lower it and just went with some huge tires.

If you're a patient person, go ahead and try it. It's just hard for any of us to really answer your question about what will fit and what won't. Even if you took 3 or 4 completely stock Buicks, once you take into account some cars are missing body bushings, some cars aren't centered on their frames, some cars have sagging suspension, you can't even guarantee that the same wheel/tire combo will fit on 2 identical cars. Once you throw in lowering springs it's even harder to really say for sure what will fit.

Edit: The one idea I did come up with is to lower the car first with the stock rims on the car (if you still have them) that way you can see how much the lowering springs affects your clearance and you can take some measurements to see how much bigger of a wheel you could fit. That's really the only way to be sure, taking exact measurements off of the exact car that the wheels are going on.

Thanks for the info guys.

I have a couple of other questions though:

John Wilde: How much did the tire rub on the fender? Do you think a 275/5015tire would have cleared?

John Wilde/ T6 Chicago: What size rim/tire would be the biggest I could get in there without modifications? A 15x8 3.5 BS 275/5015??

Also, if I don't lower it, would a 15x10 275/5015 or 275/6015 DR fit in there with no problems?

Thanks for the help!

I run a 15x8 3.5 BS with 275x60 Drag radial. They rub when I am really binding the rear ead, such as going through a dip at an angle. Mine would not fit without rolling the lip if I lowered it. Personally, I am going with a 15x10, 5 in BS with a 325x50 DR, so I will notch the frame.

John Wilde/ T6 Chicago: What size rim/tire would be the biggest I could get in there without modifications? A 15x8 3.5 BS 275/5015??

Also, if I don't lower it, would a 15x10 275/5015 or 275/6015 DR fit in there with no problems?

15x8 sounds like it would fit but again, I can't make you any promises. I'm not sure if it will rub on the quarter panel with the body being lowered.

If you DON'T lower it, you can fit just about anything back there with proper backspacing, etc. My rear wheels are 15x10 and the tires are 325/50/15. I have no modifications to the body or the frame, but I did install AirLift airbags on both sides to keep the body raised up and make sure the tire never touches over a bump or anything.

325s.gif

Yeah looking at the pictures that Vader posted I can definitely picture those tires rubbing if you lowered the car without rolling the fender lips or doing some other sort of work to the body to make them fit.

Unless you were really wanting to lower it for handling/cornering, I would leave it stock height and go with big wheels, but that's obviously just my personal preference.

Notching the frame is the only way to go! I'm running 18x10's with 5.5" backspace with 315/30r18's and the wheels will tuck great! I also have a matching set of 15x10's with 5.5" backspace and plan to run a tire that is 13.5" wide and 26" tall. the car is lowered 1.5". It will only cost you $200-$300 to notch the frame and allows you a TON more options. I just dont like the wheels to stick out of the fenders. -------Jeremy

Thanks guys, I'll probably end up going 15x8 w/o lowering the rear. Maybe i'll just put the Eibachs up front :D .

15x8 with 4" BS will work with a 275/50 with a 2" drop in the rear.

With 8" wheel you need 4" BS to clear the fender with a 60.

MIB & UNGN - Do you have any pics of that combo? Did you have to notch the frame or roll /tuck the fender?

275/60 on the Convo's 15X8.5. 275/50's on the GN wheels 15x8 4 1/8 BS.

Attachments

• ygp7A73.jpg
    ygp7A73.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 456
MIB,
I plan on getting Weld Pro Stars 15x8s. They don't make this wheel with a
4" BS. Its either 3.5 or 4.5". When you and UNGN said 4", did you mean 4.5"?
I plan on getting 275/5015s. So, will this clear the fender? Will it have the same
"tucked in" look as your stock wheels? Thanks

4" BS would work. I have a 4 1/8 on the beater with a 275/50. I have a 4" backspace with the Convos and 275/60's.

Attachments

• ygp9001 copy.jpg
    ygp9001 copy.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 514
I put the Eibach Pro Kit on my car with Competition Engineering adjustable shocks. They both came from Summit. I have boxed lower control arms, but stock uppers. other than that, the rear is stock. The ride is awesome. Handles great, firm, sticks to the road, no rub. I also replaced all the body bushings. My rear tire size on a radial is 275/60/15 and there's no rub. I also run Drag Radials and they are the same size as my regular radials. No rub. I did not have to roll the lip either. I'll have to take some pics of my Drag radials on but here is my street radial pic. Those are Pacer wheels 15x8.

Jason

Attachments

• Jason%27sHotrod010.jpg
    Jason%27sHotrod010.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 440
Back