You can type here any text you want

15x9 Bs???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLACKHAWK

Whats The Correct Bs On A 15x9 Wheel To Run A 28x10 Slicks And A 28" Drag Radial And Still Fit Within The Wheelwell Without Notching The Frame.

I used to run a Centerline 15X8.5 with a 4 5/8" BS and with a 275/60 Quick Time(27" diameter) it would rub on the frame so I would think you wouldn't be able to mount the wheel with a 5" BS.

If you refer to the following thread....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175184

...it leads us to believe that, with a stock wheel 15x7" (8" wide overall), the backspacing is 4" (1/2 of the overall width or a offset of 0)....

....therefore in order to fit a 15x9" (10" wide overall), the backspacing would have to be 5" (1/2 of the overall width or a offset of 0) - PROVIDED there is enough room on the backside of the wheel to accommodate the width of the wheel and not touch the frame.

A backspace of 4-1/2" would push the wheel outwards (away from the frame).

5" is Kinda tight. It also depends on what brand tire and type you re using and also the the sidewall buldge of that tire or the sectional width. I have 9" pro star XPs w/4.5" bs with 275x60x15 MT street radial drag tires and space to the frame is about 1/4" to 1/2" on each side. what i had to do was buy a 9" rim with a 5.5" bs and then add 1" billet bolt on spacers for them to fit.

Back