You can type here any text you want

16X10 rikens, rear wheel fitment question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
on a pair of 16x10 rikens, dual air bags, hitchiks up/lowers rear suspension, with no frame notch....would 5" be okay for backspacing? I would like to run these tires; 285/60r/16 BFG Radial T/A tire with an overall diameter of 29.5" But I do NOT want to run a spacer; I would rather a wheel shop redo my rikens then run a spacer, just personal preference for me. So would 5" be okay on the backspacing?

Anyone out there running 16x10s? Thanks.

XxDarksidexX

Good chance of rubbing the frame with that much backspacing. Even if it doesn't rub constantly, during launches or turns when the tires flex, the sidewalls could bow out enough to touch the frame.

Nothing wrong with spacers if you use them properly but I guess some people insist that they are unsafe.

so what 4.5" or 4.75"; I thought the wheels where 16x10's. After presure washing all the gunk off them I find out from the serial number their 16x9.5's

Im hopping 4.5" back spacing will do it

well I took the wheels in today to my wheel guy. I went with 4.75" on my 16X9.5's. But if I end up needing to run a spacer because 4.5" fits better, I can always use a spacer ;)

16X8 Riken for the Fronts and 16x9.5" Rikens for the rear, should look great; black centers w/polished lip :)

Thanks guys, XxDarksidexX

Back