You can type here any text you want

17's front and 15's in rear anyone?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Was contemplating this to clear a Baer, etc large front brake upgrade and 15's in rear for better sidewall, etc. Fronts would be a 17 x 4-5ish. Saw it on a Fox body stang and it looked OK. Anyone have a similar setup in a TR? Pics would awesome. Thx
I will have the brake kit for larger tires later if i wanted. The factory brakes with better rotors, pads and lines help but still are weak sauce.

Last edited:
You're worried about increasing to a 13" front rotor, yet you want to run a bicycle tire on the front wheel? Save your money IMO.

I am doing this setup as we speak. I'm waiting to get the tires mounted. I'll post up pictures when done.
d481e7bcdd1086000556e1c7fd4d6081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HELL YEAH!! Thats gonna look bad ass! Those 4" fronts?
Yes, the fronts are 17x4. I am getting the lips on the rear wheels powder coated black so that both the front and back look like the same type of wheel. I have seen a few cars with the 17-15 setup and it looks really good when the right wheels are chosen. I do not like the Weld RT-S 17x4 fronts so i decided to go with the alumastar 2.0. On the other hand, I prefer the look of the 15x8 RT-S over the 15x8 alumastar. So I think with the rears powder coated to match, I will acheive the look I am going for. I should have them on sometime this week. As soon as they go on, ill post up some pictures.

I wanted to order 17×4 in the centerline revolutions for front cause I have the 15s but the price of 550$ each no thanks... Lol

I used stock sized summit drilled slotted rotors ($60) with ssbc dual piston calipers and hydroboost, and my brakes will put you thru the windshield !!!!!

Back