18" GNX wheels? Who would buy these?

18 x 8" or 9.5" for the rear? all 8" Black or Gold or polsihed thru out.

• Total voters

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
I had posted in the Grand National Aluminum wheel thread that we would be discussing in January with CCI the possibility of 18 x & 18 x 9 or 9.5" GNX replica wheels. Why I value every one's opinion. I would like to hear if you would buy these. What would be the price that you would say nah just too much. I'm hoping to keep these in line with the 15" but I already know they will be more due to the size.
What sizes you would want? Is the Black center fine? TTA guys saying no I want Gold. Maybe All Hi polished including centers or ? You know what would make you say Brian I'll take a set now.
This is going to be expensive but I think the results for the F & Gbody would be worth it.

18x8 / 18x9 would be awesome. Black center, polished lip. I have not looked at rims because it is hard to beat the classic look of the GNX wheel, but the size is outdated. I have 4 fronts now, awaiting me powder coating them, but 18's would be great!

X2 I haven't bought wheels for my car because the only ones that do anything for me are the gnx wheels but don't care for the outdated size; tires and can't really do what I want as far as bigger brakes. 18's would solve those issues with a wheel I actually like!

17" GNX wheels!
James There is always 1 ;) No I had already kind of kicked this around with a few GNX wheel owners.
I asked at the TB.com Burlington event.
Kristi from Metco about her GNX wheels on her SS. Her response: I wouldn't trade up for a 1" difference. 2" I would change.
Then I asked Archie. He said he would buy 18" wheels if I had them there & wouldn't hesitate. 17" he had Kristi's Opinion as well.
I think the point they were making was if your going for a Larger look 1" wouldn't be much of a difference to swap them out. They would want them to stand out as not being 16" & a noticable difference.

James There is always 1 ;) No I had already kind of kicked this around with a few GNX wheel owners.
I asked at the TB.com Burlington event.
Kristi from Metco about her GNX wheels on her SS. Her response: I wouldn't trade up for a 1" difference. 2" I would change.
Then I asked Archie. He said he would buy 18" wheels if I had them there & wouldn't hesitate. 17" he had Kristi's Opinion as well.
I think the point they were making was if your going for a Larger look 1" wouldn't be much of a difference to swap them out. They would want them to stand out as not being 16" & a noticable difference.

i know i know, just bustin your balls brian :)

If pricing is in line with your current wheels, I'm in. I want 18x8's all the way around though for weight savings. $1200 for a set?

Sorry Brian...i was thinking 17s as well. I looked all over the world for 17" gnx-style mesh and couldnt find them. I ended up with 17" LM20s from CCW and anybody can go to their website and see how many clams i shelled out for them. As much as i love the look of the LM20s, I would have loved to save a few hundred bucks and had 17" gnx replicas.

If you build them, they will come!!!

Would these have a more significant step on the hoop to keep the center lattice similar to OE size? I'd like to see a modern size wheel in a package that has very subtle differences from OE.

Brian,

I say make there be an option of 18x7 or 8 with 18x10" with available off-sets. The black center with a machined outer rim would be much easier to keep clean rather the polished lip.

hello; Hey 2tone how are your wheels holding up? The GNX style will never go away and making another in a differant size would be a hit. I'd see what the tire people are mostly putting out and go with that. meaning 17" 18" but it seems that bigger is getting more common.
IBBY

hello 2tone: Your paint job on them. I have a set of Kirbans I got a bit ago. From work being done where tires had to come off and on crap happens. Unless you do your own tire service people that work on your car aren't that caring.
IBBY

Jlat, I watch very heavily over the guys at Discount Tire and none of them seem like they want to deal with me getting P.O.'d if they messed anything up. The paint is holding up pretty darn good even they were done in my driveway. The centers have a shot peened texture that really helps the paint grab.

That would be a no brainer for me. 18x8 and 18x9.5, black centers would be perfect.

As long as we are not talking $2000 for a set. I would like some widended ones for my cars but the price is not worth it as little as a drive mine.

I don't even think 2k is out of line. Once again, at least someone is stepping up. If you want GNX/GTA replica wheels in 18" then you'd have to do HRE vintage series and, umm, let's just say those are a wee bit more than 2k per set

Anyone who has rendering skills want to throw something together? I bet that would increase interest, and help others decide. I would like to see what they look like that size, I'd probably be down for a set.