18" GNX wheels? Who would buy these?

18 x 8" or 9.5" for the rear? all 8" Black or Gold or polsihed thru out.

• Total voters
Thank god! I thought we were going to have to set up a picket line in front of gbody parts :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That still doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Who is up for it?
I'm thinking about getting a few tents, maybe some portable grills

That still doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Who is up for it?
I'm thinking about getting a few tents, maybe some portable grills
I'm in for that as well. I can bring the pitch forks.

5" back spacing you will need a frame notch or a set of spacers on a G-Body. You sure you have a 5" back space?

David M we will get you a platinum GBP card ;)
They are Centerline Qualifiers 5" backspace no frame notch no rolled lips... With a 295/45/17 mickey drag radial if you need a spacer it would be like an 1/8" one... I had spacers in and took them out(the spacer on the passenger side made my tire catch the wheelwell trim) ...Check out the wheel/tire pic thread theres a few cars with 9.5" and 10" wheels with a 5" bs some 17s some 18s

Will these wheels have a polished lip or a machined and clear coated lip?

They are Centerline Qualifiers 5" backspace no frame notch no rolled lips... With a 295/45/17 mickey drag radial if you need a spacer it would be like an 1/8" one... I had spacers in and took them out(the spacer on the passenger side made my tire catch the wheelwell trim) ...Check out the wheel/tire pic thread theres a few cars with 9.5" and 10" wheels with a 5" bs some 17s some 18s
Could you send me some pics direct? Bweavy@aol.com We are doing some mock ups this week.

hello; Hey 2tone how are your wheels holding up? The GNX style will never go away and making another in a differant size would be a hit. I'd see what the tire people are mostly putting out and go with that. meaning 17" 18" but it seems that bigger is getting more common.

My preference would be for a 17x8", but if you produce 18s, I'll likely buy a set next year (early 2014) when my current tires are due to be replaced. I was forced to put Nitto NT01 R-compounds on my 16" TTA wheels simply because R-compounds are pretty much all that's left in that size, and it was the best price at the time.
There just aren't any good tires in 15" anymore, and the 16" tires are dwindling fast. 17" is going to be around for awhile as it seems to be the mainstream passenger car tire size now, with premium trims getting 18-20" wheels. I think the extra sidewall of a 17" tire over an 18" would be a huge traction and comfort advantage.

I'm rather late to this thread but offering my opinion with reference to the above statements.

You mentioned you polled real GNX owners on their size preference and they said they wouldn't budge unless you went +2 inches. Forgive my presumption here but I believe they are not the primary market for this proposed product. Yes, there are some of those "Fortunate 547" that do customize but I sense most realize the value in their vehicle is keeping it as stock as possible right down the line. After all, they own the most coveted factory-produced Turbo Buick of all time.

From all the positive feedback posted on this thread, I believe the true market lies with those who missed out on the GNX but could still muster the funds for a turbo Regal or GN in hopes of one day transforming it into a GNX clone. To that end, most are not starting with 16" GTA wheels but, instead, looking to score their first set. However, as quoted above, 16" tire options are growing scarce which would dissuade even the most ardent fan whereas 17" has plenty of options and still not too far from the original dimensions.

While the upfront tooling expenses may preclude this, I request that you explore offering both 17" and 18" options. As observed in this thread, the applications could extend far beyond the Turbo Buick community to embrace other classic '80s and '90s vehicles. The GTA design is a classic in its own right and, I believe, has huge potential if brought back in more than one larger size and marketed appropriately.

Thanks for listening…