1972 Buick GS

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Need some opinions from you guys. My buddy is selling me his wife's brothers GS its in ok condition has been parked for over 12 years has some rust bubble's under doors and some bubbles on roof rail.. Car is a Real GS yellow 2 door coupe vin shows it came with a 455 as well and he has the 455 but needs rebuilding/refreshing.. And whats in the car now is a buick 350 in running condition.. he thru in to enjoy the car while refreshing the 455 but never got around refrshing the 455. He's giving me all the extras including the 455 thats on the stand.. looks so nice.. the vin is 4G37U2Gxxxxxx
Not sure if i should go ahead with the project.. The 455 is so big..and even has the 455 stage 1 on air cleaner.. How much would you think i should pay for it? I mean he told me he's giving me a good deal but im not too sure? I always liked the 72 GS but not as much as the gbody's so not to familiar on the GS's.. I looked under the car and kinda looks like an 8.5 rear but not really sure? Also noticed it has boxed LCA's but it looks original? Really like the car but not sure about the price and dont want to kinda hit my buddy with a lowball since he's my buddy need an average on what i should pay? Any experts?

I played with Buick GS cars for years before getting into Turbo Regals. It's good that the car is a big block car as they are much more valuable than small block GS's. As with most of the GM muscle cars 1970 is the pinnacle and the value / collectability decreases both directions older and newer. The rust in the roof rail is weird and makes me suspect there is a lot more where that came from. Rust around the rear window, in the trunk and in the bottom of the doors is common. It sounds like a bit of a grab bag. $5k would be the most I'd want to spend and I'd have to look it over closely before jumping into it. How much does he want?

Neal

Yea he's asking 5500 obo no rust around rear window, nor front window.. Car had been painted about 13 yr's ago possible bad prep.. I also saw the passenger floor had been replaced and welded i saw the weld's. The doors look pretty good from the inside i took some door panels off etc didnt see any rust in trunk.. The only thing i dont like is that it currently doesn't have the 455 in it. Even though it is included in the sale, but i would have to rebuild it to stock and throw it back in there. Really dont wan't to drive it around with the buick 350 that it currently has in it.

I paid 3,500.00 for this 70 GS. Real 455 car. I love it ,can't beat the BB torque!!

ForumRunner_20121124_120551.png

Now it looks like this! If its all there thats a fair price. Good luck, I have a few spare 455's!!! Phil.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121124_120648.png
    ForumRunner_20121124_120648.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 95
750H.P.V6 said:
You got a good deal! Your restoration came out very well ,that car is sharp!!

Neal

Thanks, Neal. It came with an old 67 340 engine out of a LeSabre. There is a thread on V8buick.com shows the whole restoration. Now has a 464 BBB with 68 big port 430 heads, TA cam, etc. Dynoed 537 horse at the flywheel. I call it my slow Buick, daily driver!!! Phil.

I paid 3,500.00 for this 70 GS. Real 455 car. I love it ,can't beat the BB torque!!

View attachment 175839

Now it looks like this! If its all there thats a fair price. Good luck, I have a few spare 455's!!! Phil.

Damn that is nice,that is the only other car I would have besides my TR's

Kevin