You can type here any text you want

1980 Buick Regal Sport Coupe <Desperate> !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If everything's correct, the factory setting is 9 psi WOT. You likely have an adjustable wastegate actuator, so it could be different. If the actuator is blown, or otherwise not working, it will over boost.

If you only see 6 psi, then I would check to make sure the secondaries are opening.

Even at 9 psi, there likely is some WOT knocking going on with a stock set up.

I actually spoke with a customer who has NOS front & rears in the GM box. I told him I would take them. I plan on sending the fronts out to Miguel & getting them made in to Fiberglass so every one with an 80 can find a set.
Yes all 6 of you !:tongue::biggrin:
I will take a set post them when you are done 79s dont fit 80s right

OK. (thanks) The Actuator's NOT Blown (appx. 10 lbs pressure extends it (I used "shop air" ) ... after that the P.E.V.R needs replacement / or "alternative" means of metering rod control. (that's not important right now tho)
Too sum it all up, everything works ... theirs no "boost" PERIOD. The detonation sensors up and going ... "ALL of it's going". Theirs not a thing wrong with ANY of it.

When the weather breaks I'll try "more things". < "It must work - but it doesn't work > I'll get to the bottom of it somehow. *What proplexes me is the fact that after
"dumbing it down" (manually setting wastegate arm (wiring it open / then shut) ... that theirs still nothing. VERY ANNOYING. I have all the manuals and have read EVERYTHING
relegated to the topic. I figure it's exhaust, or some weird secondary issue ! I will look at basic pressure and go from there. THANKS 4 HELP !

Wiring the wastegate shut is something I've tried before in your situation. The other thing I did was unbolt the downpipe from the turbo and push it aside. Start the car and watch the turbine spin. That tells you the turbo isn't seized.

A plugged catalytic convertor (if it's still there) can kill boost. A 1980 may still use the bead type and those are more prone to plugging than the monolith type.

Agree 100% ... The Turbo "Turbine" spins like silk ! < I will omit the converter either way > (It's there, & seems fine) Thanks so much for all your input! *** I means alot to me and I don't take it for granted! :biggrin:

Back