You can type here any text you want

1980 Indy Pace Car Turbo TA value

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dhauser

The end is fear
What do you guys think the value of these cars are worth? From a 100k mile daily driver, to a 40k "nice" example, to a 10k "mint original down to the tires" sort of car?

Are they any fun to own, drive? PITA??

I'm most interested in strengths and weaknesses. Give me your input, fellas!:)

The turbo Pontiac motor was a slug as far as performance. The handling is good with the WS6 suspension. The car came stock with four wheel disc brakes :cool:

Thanks, Dave. I remember driving one once when I was 16 and looking for my first car. Seemed to drive out nice, but not overly powerful. Don't remember the handling prowess, but hey, I was used to driving a mushy 71 Cutlass, so what did I know? :D

Anyone educated on the "real" market values on these beasts?

I got mine w/ 86k miles and tons of problems for $900 resto is almost done, there nice cars

Well, I looked at the car this weekend. It was beautiful. It drove like a dream, shifted well, some spark knock, decent get-up, but not a fast car by any stretch.

The interior was totally mint. Even the clock in the gauge cluster and the clock on the AM/FM cassette player worked well. The gray paint on the hood was totally oxidized, the rear spoiler's paint was pretty weak, the original mufflers had small rust holes in them, and the engine needed a detail. But those are all minor things.

He wouldn't budge off of his price, so I passed.

He also had a 79 10th anniversary 400 4-speed with only 6700 original miles sitting next to it. A previous owner had it painted with a show-quality BLACK paint job, and I thought it looked simply awesome! I don't normally go for that much of a departure from original, but this car was awesome! Had the documentation, all the right interior, graphics, wheels etc. It was legit, just not the crappy silver.

Oh well. Some things just not meant to be..........for now.

Well from what I have seen an "OK" car would go from around $1000 to $3500. A good car with high miles maybe a partial restore would bring $3500-$7000. A great car with low miles and in very good condition would bring $7500-$15,000. But that is a very correct car. That 79 sounds like it's worth it . The 400 4sp is really hot right now and those are some pretty low miles. Nothing some paint wouldn't fix. I've seen those go for $10,000 to $20,plus thousand with low miles.

Back