You can type here any text you want

1980's Regals as Mary Kay Cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cromeregal

cromeregal
Does ANYONE know about the 1980's Regals being used as Mary Kay cars???? I found one small paragraph on the Mary Kay site about them using the Buicks but that is all....Thank you

I heard Rich Reezes (buicksx2) was awarded 3 of these in 1 year due to his hi Mark Kay cosmetic sales in the early 80's. Not sure But rumor has it he was the East coast top seller for 3 years straight.

He doesn't like to brag about it. I think he still drives one of the 3 on nice sunny spring evenings.

I order a lot of parts for the fairly new MK cars.The cars are MK pink and the trucks are white. Their website is worthless. From what I remember the Regal could be had in 84-86. I've seen a lot them on used car lots and in the boneyards. Paint code was 08 WA7795 back than. You got a voucher from MK and your Buick dealer processed the order. I'm not 100% for sure but I think you had to pay for any extras. Probally why I never saw a Limited. Everyone was a Custom with the 3.8. No turbos as far as I know either.

I heard Rich Reezes (buicksx2) was awarded 3 of these in 1 year due to his hi Mark Kay cosmetic sales in the early 80's. Not sure But rumor has it he was the East coast top seller for 3 years straight.

He doesn't like to brag about it. I think he still drives one of the 3 on nice sunny spring evenings.
You are correct Brian. That's how I met my wife, she was one of Rich's best customers. Rumors have it that the silver stage car was one of those "million dollar club" cars he received. Unfortunately, once the ceiling started falling in (hair) for Rich in the early 90's his sales dropped because women didn't want to buy make-up from a bald guy. This forced Rich to leave the cosmetic sales business and go into the insurance industry where they don't discriminate against bald guys, trust me I know!

Art.

Hey Brian and Artie................FU (insert middle finger smiley here)

:D

Rich did it make you laugh :biggrin:
I figured it would.
I have a pic of you some where in my computer with a wig on behind a steering wheel, so just letting you know I was being nice. My first reaction was to photo shop that into a Mary Kay regal.:wink:

Brian I don't care..........lol..........have some fun with it, just photoshop me good:D

I figured it would.
I have a pic of you some where in my computer with a wig on behind a steering wheel, so just letting you know I was being nice. My first reaction was to photo shop that into a Mary Kay regal.:wink:
You are a sick man...and I want to see that pic ;)

I figured it would.

Uhhh, Brian.... you do know that's your car Rich is in, right? If you paint it pink I'm not driving it! :eek:

Art.

>>> Pinks alot better than purple n silver........Brian.......please paint your car.......please.

Actually THE car is in the body shop getting the fiberglass properlly aligned.
I'll snap a pic & send it to you. Wouldn't recognized it with door that can close on their own ;)

Hmm still haven't picked out the excat color. Art you said no one ever remembers the Black GN.Maybe Rich can pull some strings & get a Mary Kay sponsorship :tongue:

can i see some pics of these pink regals if anyone has them i need these for a diecast guy thxs greg

Here's Mary herself posing with a Regal. :biggrin:

Attachments

• pink-regal.jpg
    pink-regal.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,375
can i see some pics of these pink regals if anyone has them i need these for a diecast guy thxs greg

They aint nothing special. Just Regals painted pink. The paint codes for MaryKay Pink used on the 84-86 Regals are 08(zero eight) for the short number and WA7795 for the long/Fisher Body number. You should be able to use those as a starting point to get the correct shade of pink, I would think.

Back