1982 Regal Dilemma, HELP ME!!!!!

i have 2 4 barrel carbs how about just getting one of them rebuilt???

Is one of them the original quadrajet from the car? It should be a 17059325, 17082268, 17082248 or 17082299. If so, have it rebuilt.

thing is the carb on the car now looks alot nicer my original is all rusted.

i can give u a tip to quit brakin those mounts... take a cumalong and clip it to the hook on the intake maniflod and go to the frame on the driver side. i wen tot the front suspension and it dont go nowhere. havint brokin one since. and im 17 and i beat the hell out the 6 and its a tank..... as far as a 305 goes... my da has a 305 TBI in a 1994 1500 pickup.. short step side ext. cab and hes got 25560r15 tires on there and ther wide as all hell. and i take it out and smoke the hell out tthem and never broke a thing. ive snuck to the track and everything.. about 1000 of those 160k+ miles are power braking and racing all over. its a tank also. i can it Da Truck. its a power house. ive smoked the tires up too 50 mph and took it about 15-25 ft down the road spinnin the sh*t outa them.lol. dont tell. :D

I think you should all quit those funny cigaretts.:D I'll second Freddie's comments.;)

Yeah, I'd stick with the six. It's a lot of work changing over to another motor & then you still have to dial it in too.
I wouldn't buy any perf. parts until you get things lined out first & in GOOD tune. Spend your efforts on getting your sixer running right then go from there. Do each mod one at a time. That way you KNOW what benefits each mod is worth & if it runs worse afterwards, you'll know why instead of troubleshooting 10 different things & pullin' your hair out.

Whats your timing set at? Start there. Incorrect timing can sometimes make a carb. backfire. When does it do this? When you accellerate? Load or no load?
What do your plugs look like?? This IS important!
Before you consider a rebuild I would DEFINATELY do a compression/leak down test! This will tell you how good of shape the eng. is in. If you don't have a compression tester, buy one. Or at least go down to a shop & pay someone to check it for you, it shouldn't cost much at all.
Don't worry, your on the right track! You own a Buick!! ;) :D :) :cool:

I have increased timing so i should have put back to stock timing? Would it be worthwhile to run carb cleaner thro my carb before i get it rebuilt or u pretty sure it needs rebuilt since i got it from a junk yard? I am also gonna get new plugs and wires, air cleaner. Do you think my car shoul run pretty good after getting all of these things done? Do you know where i can get 4.1 aftermarket motor mounts? ONES THAT WONT BUST!

I am thinking 40 series flowmaster single exhaust... I am also thinking of getting a shift kit. How much are shift kits and what tranny does my car have anyhow?? lol. I laid down some tire today hehe :) I wanna get a shift kit that will lemme chirp 1st-2nd

there is no aftermarket motor mounts. u have to run a chain or a nylon strap over the motor so they dont break. dont forget. Buick was buildin these cars w/ the elderly in mind. they dont romp on it all the time. but still the T-Type and the Gn have the same motor mounts as the Regal. check ur other mounts. i kept breakin them till i found that i borke the pass side and teh trans mount. i only have a drivers side one and a 3inch nylon strap over the motor and it runs fine and pulls hard. and ur trans.. heres a few questions.... how many gears. 3 or 4? and does ur pan on the trans. is it square with one corner cut off on the pass side? if its a 3spd and has that pan its a TH350. if not and its a 4spd its a 200R4

if anybody has aol im and wants to help discuss my car and my problems and help me get this car fast im me. unicyclebill is my sn.

where are the numbers on the carb???? I NEED TO KNOW IF I PERHAPS MIGHT HAVE A V8 CARB ON MY CAR. IF i do i will get a 4.1 4 barrel or is it the same carb?? Help me.

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
I have increased timing so i should have put back to stock timing? Would it be worthwhile to run carb cleaner thro my carb before i get it rebuilt or u pretty sure it needs rebuilt since i got it from a junk yard? I am also gonna get new plugs and wires, air cleaner. Do you think my car shoul run pretty good after getting all of these things done? Do you know where i can get 4.1 aftermarket motor mounts? ONES THAT WONT BUST!

Yes set your setting back to stock.
NO MUFFLER YET.
Start with the carb. You can find the number just above the secoundary linkage on the drivers side.
No carb cleaner is going to fix it.
Recarb sells rebuilt carbs at a good price, still not cheap but better than a reseal job that most places do.
When was the last time that you did a tune-up?
Same motor mounts as the turbo guys, but not cheap $160 for 2
Use a cable that you can get at any aftermarket place.

ok i found out i have the right carb on my car and i am going to get that one rebuilt, good thing its the right carb lol. i was pulling onto a road and got on the gas and my car was like errrrt, and there was a cop coming in the opposite directions and he looked at me weird.