1982 regal sport

garet_07

I was wondering if anyone had some useful info on this car. I plan on buying one, but know very little. I have looked on the b4black site, and found out some useful things, but I'd like to know about maintenance and such. Also, can I use parts from different year 3.8 turbos, and also, how hard is it to change from carburated to fuel injected? I'm don't know alot about these cars, and any info would help.

Welcome. :)

Year's of improper care can make getting them running right a challange, but once that's done, they are as relaible as any other engine. Normal maintenance.

Many parts interchange from year to year. Ebay's a good source for finding parts. '82 are very similar to '83's.

Fuel injection? It can be done, but there is no advantge to using a Carb/Turbo over any other non-turbo Regal. You would have to switch quite a lot. The general consenus is you are better off buying a SFI Turbo Regal than building one. If you go that route, I would sell the '82 TR and find a cheaper non-turbo Regal to convert. Let someone else enjoy the '82 TR.