1984 T-Type with 87 GN Engine

Louster38

I've got a 1984 T-Type with an engine swap from an 87 Grand National. The engine was rebuilt approximately 32k miles ago by the previous owner. This is originally a California car. I’ve had it in Illinois for only a few years, and it isn’t driven in the winter (never sees snow or salt) and very rarely sees rain.

It has the looks and performance of a Grand National with the insurance premiums of a Buick Regal (very cheap)

-New springs and shocks all around since I’ve owned it
-New front wheel bearings
-New rubber on doors, trunk, and windows
-55 lb fuel injectors
-Walbro 340 Hotwired Fuel Pump
-Accel Gen 6 batch fire DFI with laptop for tuning
-Eastern Performance front mount intercooler
-HKS Sequential Blow off valve
-Mark Hueffman custom cold air intake. 4” inlet K/N filter to 3.5” intake tube to 3” turbo inlet
-Razors methanol injection kit (http://alkycontrol.com/)
-TE-34? Turbo. This turbo has gone in the high tens on the previous car. Capable of 25+ lbs boost with very fast spool up time.
-In car/under hood boost controller (by QBoost)
-ATR 3” Down pipe with dump pipe
-Dual 2.5” custom exhaust with dual single-chamber mufflers and side exiting rectangular tips
-Transmission rebuilt by Jimmy's High Performance Transmissions in Mundelein, IL. He specializes in Turbo Buick Transmissions. Built to go into the low 11s. Cost $1100. Less than 3000 miles on it.
-New Alternator

Wheels and tires, less than 1000 miles: 17x8 Torque Thrust/Bullit style. Gloss Black with polished aluminum lip.
Rear tires are Toyo Proxes T1S 275/40/ ZR17
Front tires are General Exclaim UHP 235/45/ ZR17

3 gauges along driver side A pillar: boost, oil pressure, coolant temp

Comes with HRpartsnstuff poly motor mounts and a posi rear from a low mile GN. These parts are not installed. Also will throw in most of a 5 gallon drum of methanol for the alcohol injection kit.

Paint job looks fine from a few feet away. Could use a waxing/buffing. It needs a new headliner. It's built for going fast, its not a show car.

It has been a project car for me, but I haven't had the time for it in the last few years, and it is time to let someone else enjoy it. I'd like to keep it but don't have the space and hate to see it sit.

PICTURES: http://www.louielettenmair.com/buick.html

I haven't been keeping track because I'd rather not know, but I'm guessing I've easily got $13,000+ into it. Whats it worth? Make me an offer: louie.lettenmair@gmail.com