1986 Grand National Hardtop

Dennis Kirban

Car has been owned by the second owners since 1988 and is now 72 years old. Since 1988 car was garaged every nite. Never raced. Very solid car. Doors shut like they did back in 1986.

Options include: power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, am fm cassette with EQ, concert sound II, power antenna (works), rear defogger, power drivers seat, and factory body side molding.

Car has 123,000 miles on it. I have records showing transmission was rebuilt around 95,000. Car has new front & rear springs, new shocks, new headliner, adjustable fuel regulator, and feeder kit, also new dual flowmaster exhaust system.

The body and paint is super straight with minor dings, and about 80% of the paint is still original verified by my son. Interior is nothing short of amazing. All the interior plastic door moldings are perfect all the pleats are perfect in the door panels. drivers door panel is as nice as the passenger side, The factory carpets show no wear no holes no fade. Even the seats are very very close to mint. AC still blows ice cold with original freon. Back seat and passenger seat don't even looked used. Drivers seat is not flattened down.

Wheels are all close to mint no curb hits no dull chrome no missing caps no missing lug nuts. All the factory weatherstrips are close to perfect. You can tell car has had great care since it was new. No exergeration....both doors shut like the car is brand new!

We will be installing new hood shocks, hood emblems, front brace, connecting braces, black correct floor mats, washer bottle, and radiator overflow bottle. Approximately a $300 value.

The unusual aspect about this GN is it has no chip guard at the bottom, and it has not been repainted down either side! Has trunk ID label. Spare never used. Newer plug wires even a fairly new AC Delco correct battery. Has owners manual and warranty booklets.

Car is an excellent well cared for example of a "survivor" To enjoy as is. Three of the original bumper fillers are still perfect and soft! The one front that is cracked I have a good used one to go with the car. Owner even saved some of the new headliner material so next owner can get the visors redone. Turbo label still on the drivers visor. Bottom of doors is solid. Underneath is very good not undercoated. One very small 3 inch section of rust just starting in front of passenger rear wheel well. Otherwise no rust issues. Car has not been smoked in. Door jamb areas are super clean.

Mr AMC Guy sometime in the next 24 hours will post some photos of my car for me. The projected price is under $9900. We never sell perfection, but we do try and sell the best value for the money spent.

Car is extremely tight and quiet. Even the driver seat is quite nice no rips no tears. Steering wheels is in great shape even the horn collar is not busted. Car presents itself quite well.

What stands out is when I put our new black carpeted floor mats in the car the original carpets are still just as black...not faded and no holes. The owner obviousily no bad habits. Paint shows no fading except for rear spoiler.

Price is just will be under $9900.

Also, buyer gets 10% off any of our catalog Buick parts for 30 days after purchase.

For additional info and photos email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounds like a nice car, if you need help posting pictures let me know.

Ty

Dennis, you know you want to trade me for the SVO :biggrin:

To the top for a nice car!

Here are the photos of the 1986 Grand National I am selling. Photos taken in our pole barn the night we got the car.

1287146035-1.jpg

1287146029-1.jpg

1287146031-1.jpg

1287146028.jpg

1287146031.jpg

1287146032.jpg

1287146033-1.jpg

1287146035.jpg

1287146027.jpg

Just a quick update

The visible taped on pinstripe down both sides has been removed. Notice the photo of the carpets how black they are and they have no wear or holes. The owner had no bad or constant habits that normally you would expect to find on a high mileage car.

I have owned several super nice personal high mileage cars that really are nicer than people expect. My personal Riv I just sold was one such example.

For those not familiar as to where we are located we are about 40 miles north of Philadelphia, PA. Also any not familiar we have a lot of experience with these cars and knowledge. (Sold quite a few)

You would be hard pressed to find a GN hardtop in this condition under 10 grand that you can enjoy rite away.

All the wheels are as nice as the one in the photo.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It includes one good used front filler (drivers side) and enough of the matching headliner material to do both visors which would make the interior a 9 on a scale of 10. Other factory original fillers are still soft and perfect.

Car does not have a posi. I feel this is a good thing because if the car was intended to be raced that is something the owner would have done since he owned it since 1988! Looking at the roof pillars and door jambs and how nice the doors shut is further proof car has had a very easy well cared for existance.

Quick contest...

first correct reply is a winner for a DVD....

In the main photo shows the overall car a grille is mounted on the wall. Give me the car make of the grille?

Not eligible are personal local friends etc that have seen it up close.

Don't need the exact model just what car is it from?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Quick contest...

first correct reply is a winner for a DVD....

In the main photo shows the overall car a grille is mounted on the wall. Give me the car make of the grille?

Not eligible are personal local friends etc that have seen it up close.

Don't need the exact model just what car is it from?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hrmm.... Rolls Royce perhaps?

to answer all the above questions...

on the contest NO ONE has hit the correct answer yet on the grille.

Car is just under $9900 plus buyer will have to pay any appriopiate taxes in their state.....cars in this condition are very hard to find today. Its a great price and I am sure it will sell at some point. I do not plan to do ebay simply wait it out to a Buick customer buys it. Car is not in my way at all..

More info on the car....car fax is clean

Not been smoked in

Perhaps the most unusual aspect is, their is absolutely no evidence down either side of any chip guard ever being applied by Buick when the car was built.....both sides are original paint verified by my Son.

First owner drove it 65,000 miles by 1988 when second owner bought it so in last 22 years car has only travelled under 60,000 miles which is not much.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

on contest no limit on how many guesses readers can take....

Wow its a beautiful car. Good luck with sale! Unfortunately, its out of my price range. Whoever buys it is getting a nice car for the $$$ it seems.

Dennis, you know you want to trade me for the SVO :biggrin:

To the top for a nice car!

Mr Texas.....

I bought one of my cars back on Saturday that I sold 10 years ago......Actually quite a rare one. Its a 1986 T-Type black with something quite unqiue that makes it EXTREMELY rare.

I bought the car originally out of Indiana back in 2000...the owner originally lived in Texas. The window sticker is from Ewing Buick in Dallas....(Are they still around?)

Its ashame this car has frame rot now and other issues so I am taking it apart.

However my question to you and any readers is.....what feature do you think it has that makes this car EXTREMELY rare......so rare very few Buick owners have seen this related to a 1986 T-Type....

Start thinking....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Haha, Not many can afford a car at 16. Well except the well endowed kids who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. One of my good friends gets his daddy's Porche 911 for free.. Well, this is for another time. I hate to hi-jack your thread!

Mr Texas.....

I bought one of my cars back on Saturday that I sold 10 years ago......Actually quite a rare one. Its a 1986 T-Type black with something quite unqiue that makes it EXTREMELY rare.

I bought the car originally out of Indiana back in 2000...the owner originally lived in Texas. The window sticker is from Ewing Buick in Dallas....(Are they still around?)

Its ashame this car has frame rot now and other issues so I am taking it apart.

However my question to you and any readers is.....what feature do you think it has that makes this car EXTREMELY rare......so rare very few Buick owners have seen this related to a 1986 T-Type....

Start thinking....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Would it be the 307 Motor? I hear that was a pretty rare thing. T-Type and 307. But maybe I am mistaken and it is the 87 T's that could have been ordered that way.