1987 Buick Grand National, 69k original miles for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccognetta

Well guys I found my dream car, and I have to let something go, so it's time. First off, this is not your normal GN, that you buy off ebay for $12k, over 100,000 miles and have to spend 4-6k to get the thing running so you can actually drive it before you start to really dig into it.

Also, please no comments other than nice car, as I don't need my thread hijacked by people arguing about car prices etc.. Thanks in advance..

Here we go:

1987 Buick Grand National, 69k original miles, GM build sheet and original owners manual. This is a second owner car. The car was not a drag car and was not modded to death like some of these GN cars have been.

Over the last 2 years I have spent a ton of money and time restoring the overall car in different areas. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Exterior - 8 of 10
The car had a recent paint job, done properly (windows and trim were removed). I believe the car should have another round of wet sanding to be perfect, as black is pain to make perfect. The other door window weatherstrips need to be replaced. The car comes with the correct NOS GM pair in black. Other than that, the headlight bezels and front air dams show a little wear and could be replaced, again to improve the car, but they are nice.

The car has newly refinished GN Wheels, along with NOS caps and lug nuts, with new tires and brakes(including rotors) all they way around. Alum drums in the rear. The car has a clean car fax, shows no signs of accidents or repairs to its body panels.

dsc00677i.jpg

dsc00681f.jpg

Interior - 8 of 10
The interior is all stock, not smoked in, or modified. Original radio is still in the car (Speakers could use replacing). The original carpet is also in the car as proof that the t-tops are solid and don't leak. The original jute on the carpet is perfect. That said, its old, so a new ACC carpet and custom GN Acc logoed floormats also come with the car.

The car does have a boost guage and a scanmaster than can be removed, but these things are on the "required list" as far as I'm concerned. There is a slight mark on the drivers seat, but other than that, everything is clean. Headling is brand new. I would consider replacing the carpeted areas on the rear quarter panels as they are showing there age, but still look ok.

dsc00684td.jpg

Engine 9 out of 10
The entire engine compartment was dismantled, and everything was reassembled using New GM or NOS parts. No import junk here. The car has a new polished TE-44 turbo (stock turbo comes with car too), new wastegate, NOS terry houston 3 inch stainless dump, ATR stainless duals (polished at rear) with ATR pitbull stainless mufflers, test pipe, red armstrong wires and fuel regulator, dial a boost, EGR block off, polished 3 inch up pipe, polished 3 inch mass air pipe, intercooler was acid dipped and all paint was removed, 60# injectors and chip from Turbo Tweak (Second chip included for future alky setup), chrome alternator, various NOS pieces like the water and coolant tanks, caps, heater valve setup etc. Both headers have been blasted, welded to insure they do not crack, as well as re-threaded.

All gaskets, oil pan, front water pump (new water pump), rear main seal, intake etc, tb have all been replaced with the correct felpro pieces.

New hoodliner has also been recently added. Theres a few screws and the hinges I would like to freshen up to be nice and clean like the rest, but the engine compartment is beautiful. The frame and steering box where restored to the original correct colors as well. Note the polished firewall etc.

dsc00680l.jpg

dsc00687f.jpg

dsc00688w.jpg

turboon02.jpg

Underside and Rear End 7 out of 10
The entire under side of the front engine compartment area and rear tank area have been restored. The tank has new 360 pump, hot wire kit, new filters, new straps, and the tank was stripped and polished. The rear end was blasted and painted the correct factory black.

The floors are still in their original shape. I would clean them, paint them so they match the rest of the underneath of the car. I would also repaint the lower control arms (underneath, tops where painted during brake jobs). again, to make it perfect. I used photos from low mile GN's to get the correct paint and appearance.

gnrearend.jpg

Other Parts
The following parts come with the car but are not installed. These parts can
be removed, and deducted from the overall price if the buyer wishes.

NOS Power Master (Yes, NOS).
Set of Brand New Reproduction GNX wheels and Caps

Issues
When the engine compartment was rebult the AC lines where disconnected and the AC was not recharged. The AC worked when the process started. Worst case scenario is $400 for the complete kit from many of vendors out here.

The power window motors are old and are getting slow.

The speakers for the radio could be replaced. Power antenna is stuck in the up position and requires a rebuild kit. It does not constantly run.

Pricing & Location
I am asking 16k OBO for the car and the parts. The car is a great example of a lower mile GN that has been well taken care of. A few more hours of work and the car will be truely perfect, great quality GN.

You may contact me via PM on the board, or at ccognetta@comcast.net.

Very nice car

I looks like you spent some time on this car. Trust me, these cars become part of us!!! I think you'll regret selling it.. I sold my origional car 9 years ago,spent alot of time looking on this board,and in other books ,took a few years to realize i need my car back... I found one,spent 4 years restoring it..remember,you can't buy your time back!!!if you sell it,you'll be back for another one. Trust me...i know....

Wow Thanks for the post, looks like a great car and a great description.

TTT

Ty

wow

wow this looks like a very nice car...also your garage looks like mine...with a cobra next to a tr....lol except mine is black..i would love to have this car...but id have to sell my cobra...good luck with the sale

Beautiful car, you dont see too many left un-modded in this condition with those miles!!!!:eek: and for 16k?!?! Man oh man do I wish I had that burining in my pocket right now!!:(
Goodluck with the sale...awesome car and awesome price

Thanks

Thanks for kind comments guys. I know I am going to regret selling the car, but the car I am looking at only comes around once in a while. I know at the least i can start over with a GN.

Yep!

Yes the car is for sale, alot of people wanting to buy it, waiting for someone to come with the money, nothing solid yet... Step right up..

Ok, now a friend of mine is looking for such a car.
He lives in Europe (Holland) also.

I just send a message to a good friend of mine, who knows alot of these cars also.
I hope he will have the time very soon to come and look over the car, and that we can close the deal!

What are you adres details and telephone number, so I can send it to him so he can contact you directly.

Tnx

Robert

Pictures

I took so more photographs outside and all around the car for those interested to see them, please pm me your email. Thanks. CC

Car For Sale

Do you have a picture of the GNX wheels ? Also did you remove the weatherstripping when painted ???

Sorry for the confusion on the wheels. They are not GNX wheels, they are brand new reproduction trans am wheels in black (similar to GNX wheels) with correct 0 offset for
a GN.

I did not paint the car, so I don't know truely. The weatherstripping appears to clean and original, especially around the t-tops. It definitely does not have to be replaced.

More Pictures coming up... Thanks for the PM's and Feedback!

More Images...

These images are fresh from today. I did not have any soap any used some light dishwashing soap, so the car needs to be waxed again. I did not have the time, but you can see she still shines very nicely.. black is just a bitch to keep perfect...

img0459r.jpg

img0461p.jpg

img0460f.jpg

img0464r.jpg

img0465gi.jpg

img0445c.jpg

img0447wa.jpg

img0448p.jpg

img0449dn.jpg

img0450j.jpg

Bad Images

here's some stuff I found when cleaning the car. I want to be descriptive as possible for my overseas buyers as well. No surprises..

On the front fender there are two small chips.. one is directly inline
the center cap, the second is next to my foot in the reflection a little
to the right.

img0457to.jpg

The drivers rear bumper filler there is a small mark,scuff from paint removed..
img0469u.jpg

The rear left spoiler edge has a slight crack.
img0452qp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.