1987 Dark Blue T-type, 41K miles

Whtlightning

I'll probably regret this, but I’ve decided to put my beloved T-Type up for sale. With two small kids, hobbies and work I don't have to time to really enjoy the car. It sits in my garage with a car cover over it most of the time. I only get it out for a Sunday drive once or twice a month and my wife aptly call's it a garage queen. The car needs nothing. It's exactly what you would expect from a car with this low mileage - tight throughout with no rust, cold A/C and good paint. The t-tops do not leak, great oil pressure, motor doesn't use oil and even the power windows work good. I've owned the car for over two years and the prior owner kept it in a warehouse in Houston. I could go on and on but as the old adage goes “you gotta see it to believe it”. Below are the details and attached is a link with pictures before I recently put some new 275/60R15 Nitto’s on the rear. With the tall Nitto's it’s got a more aggressive stance now. There’s a lot of money in this car and I'm not in a forced sell position so save your lowball offers. First chance here before I list it online - $17,500. Located in Bartlesville, OK.

Pictures - http://1987turbobuick.shutterfly.com?a=1

Exterior
Dark blue (factory re-paint 1989)
Chrome package
T Tops with factory covers (no shades)
Stock T-type wheels (excellent condition) w/center caps and turbo 6 valve stem covers
OEM front bumper filler & fiberglass rear bumper fillers

Interior
Options - PS/PB/PW/AC/Cruise and rear defrost
New headliner including sun visors
Hood liner and trunk kit
Embodied turbo 6 floor mats
Custom console "Riser" armrest.
Pioneer AM/FM/CD in dash; 12-disc CD player in trunk.
Upgraded Kenwood 6”x 9” rear and 3.5” front speakers
Pillar mounted knock gauge and boost gauges
Audible knock gauge
Twin console oil pressure & temp gauges
Line lock
Kill switch
Scan Master

Engine
Rebuilt circa 39K miles in June 2003 (by “Puddin” at Conley’s Performance Plus)
Current mileage is just over 41K
Stock bore w/ ARP main studs and rod bolts
Forged pistons, stock rods, balanced assembly
Stock crank turned 10/10
Double roller timing chain with new front cover
Champion iron ported heads
1.6, 1.7 roller rockers
206/206 cam
Buick Racing valve covers w/ K&N valve cover breathers
Turbo: pt51 with steel braided lines
Terry Houston 3" down pipe
New stretch 15-row intercooler and scoop with slot for front sway bar
62mm Jay Jackson throttle body
RJC power plate
K&N filter
MAF Translator with LT1 MAF
Walbro 340 Fuel pump w/ hot wire kit
50lb injectors (part # 17113738)
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Fuel pressure gauge
SMC alcohol injection
Turbotweak adjustable fuel and timing alky chip
BeCool aluminum radiator
RJC machined aluminums crank, water pump, alternator and power steering pulleys
Alternator ear engine tie down
Additional ground wires
Some chrome and powder coating under hood

Transmission
Level 10 built transmission with **** kit
9/11 3000 stall lock-up converter (Bruce Toews. PTS Transmissions, CA.)
Oil and transmission coolers w/ fan and toggle switch

Chassis/Suspension/Exhaust
Kirban rear seat frame brace kit
Kirban under-the-hood brace kit
Kirban front frame braces
Kirban drive shaft loop
Polyurethane motor mounts
UMI lower control arms
Passenger air bag
New Catalytic converter and bolt-in test pipe with dump
2 1/2 " cat back exhaust

Thanks for looking - Justin.

Hey Justin
It's a very nice looking sleeper, good luck in your endeavours.

I have seen this car in person & rode in it... it is CA-LEAN.. drives tight & should be no surprises other than the great condition of the car, & Justin is a great guy to deal with.. lets try & find this car a good home :) -Daniel

Wow Justin, I was just thinking about calling a couple days ago but got distracted. Sorry to see you letting it go, but guys this car really is a gorgeous car that I know he has taken great care of. Good luck with the sale Justin and congrats to whoever gets it.:smile:

Did you list it online ?
What was the strongest nibble you got (pricewise) ?
Maybe it will work to your advantage as time goes by,
please keep us updated.

That's sweet. Always liked that color. Car is worth that all day long. Don't give it away. Someone will buy that. It is a rare color with double that in money into it. I'm sure there are many people looking at it wondering how low will you go wanting to pull the trigger before someone else does. I wouldn't sell for a dime less. Just my $0.2

I only have it listed on autotrader and the message boards. I'm not messing with ebay. I've had little interest aside from a couple of emails and one lengthy phone call were a guy threw out $11.5K. Thanks for the kind remarks.

Still available ? I am located in Southern California . Shoot all pis and info to : stevestm@aol.com . I am ready to make a cash offer, if its as clean as you listed it as . Looking to purchase asap . Thanks in advance,

Steve