1987 GN T-Top car in Southern Maryland $8300

Brooks

Car has 184K, engine was rebuilt by a past owner but I have no documentation on it. I have a lot of extras that go with the car. Went through a divorce last year (Yes I kept the car, and damn near everything else too!!!) and as it turns out the car was my major excuse to avoid the evil wench. Now that she's gone I don't seem to play with the GN nearly as much if at all. It's timt to move on to other toys/hobbies/interests.

I have a lot of parts that will go with the car. I've listed most below.

Modifications
*Precision Turbo & Engine GT-61 turbo with adjustable waste-gate.
*Cottons Performance - front mount intercooler
*Jet Hot - 2000dF ceramic coated Terry Houston 3" down-pipe, includes test pipe with cutout, and M18 boss for EGT sensor or wideband O2 sensor
*3.5" single-shot exhaust
*Accufab - billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
*“009” 42Lb/hr fuel injectors
* Chips from Jay Carter and Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak)
*2004R transmission built by Andy Lehosky to PTS-Extreme specs with PTS parts and Art Carr 9.5" lockup torque converter (3000-3200 RPM stall with billet front half)
*Perma Cool - transmission cooler with dedicated fan and thermostat
*Aluminum radiator
*Ramcharger - dual electric cooling fans
*RJC - power plate
*VDO - boost gauge
*VDO - tachometer
*A-Pillar gauge pod (with above two gauges)

Extra parts that go with the car but are not installed:
*VDO - Oil pressure gauge & sender (brand new in box)
*VDO - Water Temperature gauge & sender (brand new in box)
*Center console gauge pod
*Original BRF code 2004R transmission (complete minus torque converter)
*Accessory switch plate for ash tray
*Front end brace kit
*“GNX” bushing set
*Original intake plumbing
*Original intercooler
*Direct-Scan
*3” mild steel down-pipe that was removed when I upgraded to the Terry Houston down-pipe.
*Misc. books on the history, modifications and technical points of these cars as well as any other parts I run across when I clean out the garage.

The car needs an AC compressor and the paint is original 87 GM paint (i.e. not so hot).

I prefer a local sale so the prospective buyer can inspect it in person.

$8300 (includes everything GN related in my garage)

I can be contacted at cbrooks1@tqci.net
Charles Brooks

A few pics...

I have a replacement steering wheel as well. :)

Attachments

• drive_side.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 102
  • engine1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 101
  • engine2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 94
  • inside.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 103
Sorry for the quality of the pictures they were taken with a friends camera phone.

I've received several PM's and emails and I think I've sent duplicate responses to some of you, sorry about that.

I'll try to answer all the questions here...

Yes the steering wheel is rough, I have a replacement on the way.

The car had new brakes on all 4 corners less than 5000 miles ago. Also, brand new power master accumulator ball at same time.

The turbo, transmission, and torque converter all have approx. 4500 miles on them.

The 2000dF coating on the THDP is a flat grey in color, though I think Jet Hot calls it silver?

The turbo is NOT a TE-61. It has the new Garrett "GT" design compressor wheel and moves quit a bit more air than the TE-61.

There is a dent in the passenger side door just behind and below the door handle from a guy in a parking lot throwing his door open. There is no crease but the dent is a little wider than my palm.

The drivers side t-top seal was replaced about two years ago. The passenger side seal is sitting in a bag in the garage. Yes I have the t-top bags.

The passenger side front bumper filler is cracked.

The front seat upholstery is rough hence the seat covers.

The fuel pump is a Walbro 340 hotwired with Caspers kit, both installed last year.

There is a Pioneer 7400MP CD player in the car but I have the stock stereo somewhere in the garage. There was something wrong with it but I can't remember what it was.