You can type here any text you want

1987 limited 40k miles on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound obtuse but how is it that you have $16,000 into this car? It seems that the car has no mods. Did you buy the car new? In which case I'd have to point you to the fact that depreciation has taken a toll on turbo Regals, as well.
As far as mileage goes, 40k is honestly not terribly impressive to me. Once you get past the 10,000 mile and below (the "honestly, why would anyone buy a car and not drive it") mark, it all depends on how well cared-for the car was. I have seen 150,000 mile cars that were extremely well cared for and look almost new - they don't even have worn steering wheels (used a cover, or just lived in the right climate. Actually, my '90 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon that I got for FREE because it's such a rusty piece of crap has 160k and a MINT steering wheel and interior - actually I have never seen an uncracked version of this wheel except for this one.)
Sometimes, (actually, most of the time) in order to get rid of a car, you have to hold your breath and take a loss. I got screwed when I bought my first car (71 Cutlass conv.) and I tried to sell it for more than what it was worth for a while, but in the end just gave up, drove the hell out of it and restored it correctly. I still have it today, and I don't regret keeping it at all.

Chris

MiamiHenri said:
PRICE DROP: Ok guys I am serious about selling the car, it is just sitting because I dont have it insured or registered now. I have a daily driver 87gn with 77k miles so I dont need the car, I believe that the car is too nice to modify. I know im sort of a newbie as far as posting goes but in the 90s I owned over 40 gns and T s. I bought this first with the intention of making it show condition. Laz can vouch for me as to my pervious history with these cars. New price 11,500 is it more interesting now?

Nothing is to nice to modify

Oldguy you first, I used to think like you untill I gave in and spent some more money on a real car with low miles. I have had a lot of clean high mile cars however there is a difference, a big difference it just depends on your standards and how much you want to spend. How did I get 16 in the car? It doesnt really matter because the price is 11k now, well I bought it first of all I changed the powermaster, brakes, shocks, springs, brake hoses, intercooler hosses, spring cleaning, coil pack ,module, plug wires etc. I guarantee this car is tighter and faster than your 155k mile car any day. Double L I am a racer at heart however stock cars float some peoples boat. If you have ever been to Bowling Green and look at those untouched cars you know what I talkin about. I have nothin but the utmost respect for those guys. By the way I have seen some of your guys mods on cars and this is why the breed is in trouble. Especially all you guys with the 6 gauges in the dash on the passenger side and triple gauge pods (cringe). They are only untouched once and if you like hacking up a classic muscle car thats your bussiness. Would you put all those gauges and crap on a 63' vette or a mint chevelle?

Grin and bear it Henri! Your being more than fair.

Hang on Henri. Don't let yourself take a beating just because it could happen. This is the worst time of the year for these cars. You have a nice car. People who have been there - a nice car with low to moderate miles & well cared for - know that it's hard to hold out for fair value. It may take time.

The guy with the money to market the car and wait for the right buyer may be the person that will step up right now, go over the car and resell for 2-3 grand more in the spring. Hell, I would like to buy this car, but I am in a bind for space and I am not sure I want to do the trip for pick up right now.

Later, dwall

MiamiHenri said:
Oldguy you first, I used to think like you untill I gave in and spent some more money on a real car with low miles. I have had a lot of clean high mile cars however there is a difference, a big difference it just depends on your standards and how much you want to spend. How did I get 16 in the car? It doesnt really matter because the price is 11k now, well I bought it first of all I changed the powermaster, brakes, shocks, springs, brake hoses, intercooler hosses, spring cleaning, coil pack ,module, plug wires etc. I guarantee this car is tighter and faster than your 155k mile car any day. Double L I am a racer at heart however stock cars float some peoples boat. If you have ever been to Bowling Green and look at those untouched cars you know what I talkin about. I have nothin but the utmost respect for those guys. By the way I have seen some of your guys mods on cars and this is why the breed is in trouble. Especially all you guys with the 6 gauges in the dash on the passenger side and triple gauge pods (cringe). They are only untouched once and if you like hacking up a classic muscle car thats your bussiness. Would you put all those gauges and crap on a 63' vette or a mint chevelle?

Would I put all those gauges and crap on a 63' vette or a mint chevelle? Humm yes, On my mint 58 Vette all numbers show car, When I rebuilt the engine I had to make it better, Had it bored 30 over, Racing pistons, Hanks crank, 300 horse cam, B&B, Heads redone, Full race tranny, Looked stock, Numbers still matched but a lot more fun when you get on the gas, I have raced most my life now I am racing a 04 SSR, Super Charged, Headers, Racing tranny, Have a lot of people say why do that to a SSR , It runs 13.20's on pump gas, I am a old veteran and very bad health, I am not saying a car for money, I want to have fun the few years I have left, That is why I am looking for a T-Type or GN to rest my truck, A stock GN or T-type is nice but a GN or T-Type that looks stock, Runs on the street like a stocker but runs in the 10's now that is my cup of tea, That is what make the world go round we are diff.

If you can hold out until spring you will get closer to 14k for your car...this is the worst time of year to sell a Turbo Regal.

Pete

Hey guys, the interior is actually a blue color not grey. If this car does not sell on ebay I will keep it and sell my GN. I know I will never find another like this one.

MiamiHenri said:
Hey guys, the interior is actually a blue color not grey. If this car does not sell on ebay I will keep it and sell my GN. I know I will never find another like this one.

You don't drive it much do you

LOL your right, I didnt even know what color the interior is. The blue is a rare combination with the black paint. I have not seen another on the other site like this, you guys are missing out on a neat car.

Attachments

• MVC-862S.JPG
    MVC-862S.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 103
  • MVC-859S.JPG
    MVC-859S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 100
  • MVC-856S.JPG
    MVC-856S.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 96
  • MVC-861S.JPG
    MVC-861S.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 95
  • MVC-864S.JPG
    MVC-864S.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 98
Come on guys, this is killing me...............before you start calling this a rare blue interior check the color codes............ it's gray, not blue. They only had one blue interior color and it's much darker than this car.......... the gray fabric used in the Limiteds gets almost a hint of a blue tint to it as it ages............... but it's not blue..........

Here again, I like the car so I am not knocking it..........

If someone from the opposite coast can make an observation...I'm not sure what kind of camera you used, but in my mind the quality of photos (at least, the ones you've linked to) aren't really helping your cause any. In looking at QwikTim's ebay ad last week or whenever it was, his photos were sharp, clear, well composed, had great color, and were taken in great light in an area where there weren't any other cars around, hence your eye was drawn to the feature vehicle. I would suggest (a) borrowing a higher quality camera if you can (b) taking the car to a nice park or an area that has some palm trees around it to make a nice backdrop, and (c) getting another set of floormats and pulling the rumpled ones out, at least for photo purposes. I hope this helps!

I clucked my limited last year and I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life, it went for 8k, and I had over 10k in it, Henri; sell the GN, they made over 20,000 of those, and if you have to sell it, sell it in the spring, right after tax time.

Sorry no on the 10k The only reason for the sale is there is no diveway space at my house and I have too many toys. Hell I would rather keep this one and sell the GN thinking that I will not buy another buick down the road. I love the comfy pillow "BLUE" interior. It is definatly blue, not grey. Thanks for all your input guys. If someone wants the car they will have to slap the 11k down quick, the cars on ebay and its getting down to crunch time, get your popcorn ready...

Please post a picture of the interior color code on the vin plate.

Not to argue, but it is NOT blue. The blue used in 1987 was dark.

Maybe this is one of the reasons you are having problems selling it, you don't seem to know a great deal about these cars.

Look on the metal tag under the hood up by the cowl, take us a picture...

27 is dark blue
43 is med sage (green)
79 is dark claret (burg)
62 is light saddle (tan)
82 is med gray

That's it for colors.......... no light blue............. so show us that code 27 on your tag. You won't find it.

Not trying to be an ass, but your going to have a pissed off buyer if he thinks he is buying a black car with blue interior and finds gray interior instead.

Here is a picture of a blue door panel from a turbo Regal, not a Limited with the velour fabric, but still a code 27 blue interior...................... is this what your interior color looks like? I think not..........

be_1.JPG

When I went out to the car the other day I took some grey floor mats from the trunk that had always been there. I decided to put them in the car while I cleaned the original ones with the long hair. This is when I noticed a BIG difference in the color of the interior. The interior is not grey, maybe its faded? but its not grey. I never claimed to be Quincy M.E. when it comes to the breakdown of the car. I hope the car in that picture is in better shape than the door (bottom). My car has no rust, you guys are missing out due to this hair splitting. I can also clearly see that that door panel is a different material than mine which is more of a fine velour (my car is a limited difference?). The door in the picture is not a limited and has a different sewn patter, door pull,fabric etc. I will go and get the pictures of the tag so we can settle this big mystery.

henri, can you email me please your number....if interior is blue ;code 27 ill give you 11,000....if not you give it to me for the 10,000?
either way email me..i want to see the car,
mike
mikeygold@yahoo.com

MiamiHenri said:
When I went out to the car the other day I took some grey floor mats from the trunk that had always been there. I decided to put them in the car while I cleaned the original ones with the long hair. This is when I noticed a BIG difference in the color of the interior. The interior is not grey, maybe its faded? but its not grey. I never claimed to be Quincy M.E. when it comes to the breakdown of the car. I hope the car in that picture is in better shape than the door (bottom). My car has no rust, you guys are missing out due to this hair splitting. I can also clearly see that that door panel is a different material than mine which is more of a fine velour (my car is a limited difference?). The door in the picture is not a limited and has a different sewn patter, door pull,fabric etc. I will go and get the pictures of the tag so we can settle this big mystery.

I think the color is a mix between the two. :eek: :D Just kidding, nice ride by the way. :)

Back