You can type here any text you want

1987 limited 40k miles on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did you not read my entire post? I already posted that the picture was not of a Limited, but the plastic on the door panel is the exact same as a Limited..... as is the color code.......... if yours is blue as you say, it would have these dark blue lower door panels..... and what does the car in the blue "example" picture's rust have to do with anything? You're getting waaaay off track here. That picture was taken off of the net to show you what blue interior really looked like.

Splitting hairs? If I bought a car for $10k+++ and was told it had blue interior, only to ship it and get it here to find out it had gray interior I wouldn't be "splitting hairs".......... I'd be wanting to "split skulls"..........

This is for your benifit, and to try and keep a buyer from getting taken by a seller that doesn't know the details of his own car..... other than it's "rare, rare, rare, rare, and you'd better not miss out...."

what's so amazing about the limiteds anyway? Just that they didn't make many T-type Limiteds that year? They have cornering lights AND a turbo? In that case my '87 Cutlass is a Supreme with tan buckets and t-tops...they mustn't have made many Supremes with T-tops that year, so I guess it's super-rare and valuable...
Sorry, but I just can't get over the high prices. I'm used to seeing regular G-bodies in mint condition at around $3000 and the turbo types around $8000. though admittedly, I don't dabble in the whole turbo car market much; I'd much prefer to save myself a couple grand and make my own turbo car.
Chris

11k is not too high for a Turbo T Limited.............. but the car (and seller) must justify that price.

PS- It's not a "T-Type", that nameplate ended in 1986 for the Regal. It's a Regal Limited with a "T" package and the turbo V6 option. Someone else will have to school you guys on that one, I don't have the time.....I give up....... lol

Oldsguy said:
what's so amazing about the limiteds anyway? Just that they didn't make many T-type Limiteds that year? They have cornering lights AND a turbo? In that case my '87 Cutlass is a Supreme with tan buckets and t-tops...they mustn't have made many Supremes with T-tops that year, so I guess it's super-rare and valuable...
Sorry, but I just can't get over the high prices. I'm used to seeing regular G-bodies in mint condition at around $3000 and the turbo types around $8000. though admittedly, I don't dabble in the whole turbo car market much; I'd much prefer to save myself a couple grand and make my own turbo car.
Chris

This is the reason why.
1035 produced, any color combo you wanted, chrome or black trim on the exterior, and plush interior that NO other turbo buick had, also available in leather which was also avail on 86 t-types.
Not all had vinal roofs, Not all had cornering lamps.

BW

Attachments

• 100_2796 (Small).jpg
    100_2796 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_2821 (Small).jpg
    100_2821 (Small).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 47
Like buick never screwed up options on a car from the line? He may have a car with more character but just playing the otherside of the fence.

2 cents!!

Here's a thought,

I'm thinking that maybe MiamiHenri does'nt actually own this car. The fact that he 'thinks' the interior is blue tells me he's looking at the same pictures as we are. Hence the description.

How many T/R's has he claimed to have owned? Most of us here who have owned these cars for a while know quite a bit about them.

Hell I've even memorized part numbers. :rolleyes:

Tim S. - you are a legend. :D

qwiktim said:
Please post a picture of the interior color code on the vin plate.

Not to argue, but it is NOT blue. The blue used in 1987 was dark.

Maybe this is one of the reasons you are having problems selling it, you don't seem to know a great deal about these cars.

Look on the metal tag under the hood up by the cowl, take us a picture...

27 is dark blue
43 is med sage (green)
79 is dark claret (burg)
62 is light saddle (tan)
82 is med gray

That's it for colors.......... no light blue............. so show us that code 27 on your tag. You won't find it.

Not trying to be an ass, but your going to have a pissed off buyer if he thinks he is buying a black car with blue interior and finds gray interior instead.

Here is a picture of a blue door panel from a turbo Regal, not a Limited with the velour fabric, but still a code 27 blue interior...................... is this what your interior color looks like? I think not..........

be_1.JPG
I gues he has the more Rare Limited car,,I have the same color interior he has in my 1987 Limited ,,looks blueish grey,,real hard to tell ,but is blue,not the same blue I had in my Turbo T which also is 1987 but its dark like your door panel posted....

Exactly Diss, I checked and it has the code for (82d) medium grey color interior. Here is what I am saying, even though it has the grey color option it is not grey and it is not faded. There are always color variances when it comes to interior fabrics (dyes) and especially exterior paints, even black is not always black. Tomorrow I will take a picture with the gn door open next to the limited door and you can clearly see that it has a blue tint in color and the carpet is even bluer if thats a word. I guess you would call it a blueish grey and the interior doesnt have a mark on it, I took the steering wheel cover off of it which had been on since day 1. Ok the interiors grey option code but it has a blue tint, any takers on the car? Getting down to crunch time. Thanks for everyones input, Henri...

Back