You can type here any text you want

1987 Regal Limited $2200

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
How many miles, does it run, any rust/damage, & are you putting another 8.5" posi back in the car, is the title clear? Thanks.

2nd to that... clear title?? rust?? did/does it run?? not to far from you, just over in Iowa. what color is the interior? hard to tell. Thanks

Clear title. The only rust I have found on the body is at the front lower corner of the driver door. The passenger door has a dent. The trunk and floorboards are all solid. The interior was blue but the door panels have been dyed black. I bought the car to use the gas tank and rear axle in a Cutlass that I'm installing a 5.3L engine. I have the 7.5" rear axle from the Cutlass that I can install on the car. The car did run. The head gasket might be bad on it.

I did go look at this car, it's a good project for someone for the price. We didn't fire it up because according to the owner (Jeff) there was coolant in the oil so it may have a blown head gasket but not sure. The car was stolen at one point and was recovered. I guess the crooks that stole this car, tried so hard to change the appearance of this car and failed miserably. Looks like the car was a sharp looking car at one time. I think the original color was Powder Blue, I don't know what they did to it to make it look black maybe a rattle can or cheap Macco job. Also looking at the dash it may have been a Colum shift car and now its floor shift. The column was changed due to the theft. The interior is Blue but the idiots sprayed the red dye on the side of the rear bottom I think to make it the Red/Blue WTF? The Riced outlook maybe?
The car has it shares of dings and dents but minimal rust for a Midwest car, the trunk lock is shaved. The front seat are buckets with seat covers, it may have been 60/40 at one time. It needs a hood; bumper fillers and work on the header panel along with body work and a paint job maybe back to the original color.
I don't know if this car is a Turbo T or Limited. Anyway it will be cool for someone to bring this baby back alive. It also has the Vinyl top. She needs work but it will be all worth it at the end.

Please someone rescue this thing!!!
HTH
Prasad

Thanks for all the info Prasad. I've bought my share of theft recoveries like this and it never ceases to amaze me how far the bad guys will go to change to look of the car.

Thanks for all the info Prasad. I've bought my share of theft recoveries like this and it never ceases to amaze me how far the bad guys will go to change to look of the car.

Anytime Mike, I know what you mean.....about 16 years ago these guys were trying to sell me a tagged 1987 GN with an 81 Regal title for 2500 and I knew right away the car was an 1987. They removed the back window and replaced it with 81-85 window, the third brake light was removed, the header panel, tail lights, the steering column, dash and so forth. They didn't know about the 86-87 heater core was different. I took a pass on the car and someone else bought it. About 3 months later I saw the same car at the insurance auction. Whoever bought it got screwed. The state retagged the car after someone else bought it from the auction. Now one of my friends owns the car with rebuild title from the state.
Prasad

Oh the stories we can tell! Many a book such be written with tales pertaining to our cars? I'm sure it would make for some great reading.

Back