1st gen F body

Scott Atk

May 25, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Some progress. Drive line is now complete, along with a new steering shaft with a second joint and shaft support. Finally, all the hydroboost and power rack and pinion plumbing is done.
driveline1.jpg
hydroplumbing.jpg
steeringshaft.jpg

Attachments

69RSCLONE

Jul 13, 2014
Rochester NY
Did you use the same sound deadening pads on the roof? The sticky black tar kind? I put the same in my 69 Camaro on the floor. I heard a lot of complaints about the tar dripping after the car is in the heat. From the time I ordered till I installed, Eastwood came out with a warning not to use overhead. Don't know if you used different stuff, I know they now offer 5 or 6 different kinds.

Scott Atk

May 25, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
From what I read, some of the lower priced stuff is asphalt based, the stuff I spec'd is butyl based so hopefully no issues. Thanks for the comment. Scott

turbokinetic

Jan 29, 2008
Northport, AL
home.hiwaay.net
That is starting to look like a brand new engine! I am sure you can find a belt. What I do when making a custom drive system like that is to make a "mock up" belt. I take an old belt and cut it. Then I drill a hole in the end, and fasten it back together with wire or cable ties. Then I can keep cutting off more belt little by little until I find it fits the way I want it. After that, it's just a matter of having a store measure the belt you created, and sell you one that length.

Top Bottom