2 18's in Regal!!!

Let me be real clear here folks. I have been out of the loop for a while and I'm adding 2 18 inch Ma Audio subs in the trunk of my g-body because I want to and I would love to hear how it sounds. I'm putting a very modest Autotek MX1500.1 on them both and I'm going to enjoy the sound they make.
I know I can slap three 12's in my trunk and still have room to put 3 of the ugliest people in the world in my trunk with no problem. THIS...IS...JUST...AN...EXPERIMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not putting an isometric 3 degree acute bandpass V12 Zagato Richard Simmons leggins ported box on the shelf of my trunk or any of that. All I'm doing is installing mids & highs (preferably components) in places that will look and be more at home in the car: If your wondering, it's going to be similar to what Ms. Nasty has planned out: 3-4's in the front dash, kick panels with 6.5's +tweeter, components in the rear (but on the upper rear panels above the rear armrest behind the small window...I would like to anyway), and maybe some 6x9's. For now until I get this box built, I'll probably throw three of the four 12's that I have in the trunk until I get this new 18 box built. Either way, the Autotek will suffice.

Go back to what I said.

I bet that cheap pre-built box will fit in the back seat. Try it there and see how it sounds..

I built a dual band pass for both 10" and 12" JL's close to 20 years ago but i never got around to porting through the 4x10's. They worked ok at that time.

Cheap? (scoffs) that box is the closest thing to having a box built and spraying it with Rhino liner without actually having the real thing. The wood the box is made of is...wait, what's the wood that come after MDF?? Okay it's that...lol.
And put the box in my backseat?? Who do I look like? You? lol jk
That idea is equal to you purchasing 4 Rockwood 3K D-class amps and pushing your highs with them...smh. This won't take much to fix, as you can see the box would fit if it were just a bit more trim. Heck, I'd just have someone build another and put the current one in my truck. No spilled milk.

Let me be real clear here folks. I have been out of the loop for a while and I'm adding 2 18 inch Ma Audio subs in the trunk of my g-body because I want to and I would love to hear how it sounds. I'm putting a very modest Autotek MX1500.1 on them both and I'm going to enjoy the sound they make.
I know I can slap three 12's in my trunk and still have room to put 3 of the ugliest people in the world in my trunk with no problem. THIS...IS...JUST...AN...EXPERIMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not putting an isometric 3 degree acute bandpass V12 Zagato Richard Simmons leggins ported box on the shelf of my trunk or any of that. All I'm doing is installing mids & highs (preferably components) in places that will look and be more at home in the car: If your wondering, it's going to be similar to what Ms. Nasty has planned out: 3-4's in the front dash, kick panels with 6.5's +tweeter, components in the rear (but on the upper rear panels above the rear armrest behind the small window...I would like to anyway), and maybe some 6x9's. For now until I get this box built, I'll probably throw three of the four 12's that I have in the trunk until I get this new 18 box built. Either way, the Autotek will suffice.

If I were still installing and someone brought me a G-body and 2-18"s, and said make this work - period, the end - no matter what, there is really only 1 way to do it that would produce decent SPL and probably not sound like total splattered rodent diarrhea. I would seal off the spare tire well in the largest box I could and possibly vent it outside the floor. (assuming there was enough room) I would lay on the fiberglass thick and rihno-line it inside. This is where the face-to-face push-pull isobarik loading will deliver deep bass response, high power handling, and cut the box size needed by 400%. For example if each sub needed 4ft sealed, the two together face-to-face would need only 2ft. That's down from 8ft and you would have faster transients, based on my personal experience. Here is a picture example of what I am talking about, but with a single inverted 15"
mb_quart_sub.jpg

If you just put the two 18's in a small sealed chambers it's not going to sound very good. This I can promise you. You will get a broadcast boom standing behind the car, and not much waveform propagation on top of the box (or on it's sides) to get back into the drivers compartment. Any energy you would try get into the car would be a result of what energy wasn't lost in the panels.

People have been trying to get high SPL in G-body's for decades, and everyone eventually comes to the same conclusion... in that you have to fire through the back seat, port through the 4x10 cut-outs, or for sound-quality a woofer in the spare tire well. If you want to see what a g-body that sounds GOOD looks like, check out John Sketoe's here: Buick Grand National - Competition Cars - Car Audio and Electronics
Or mine here: DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality - GlockandRoll's Album: 1987 Buick Grand National install

I would not waste time with dash speakers in this car becuase you will not get a proper stereo image, and instead go w/horn-loaded compression drivers under your dash like my car, or Richard Clark's.
The door locations work very well for mid-bass drivers and you could - if desired - put 4x10 mids in the rears but I would not use co-axials becuase I never want tweeters behind my ears. As a rule, nothing that plays above 500hz goes behind my head, and the speakers that play above 500hz go in-front of me as far as possible so the path-length differences are minimized.

You know what...I know what the rules are suppose to be and I know what other people do. But folks, the things that I'm going to do are things that I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears and I'm going to do them. I want 18's to play certain songs and notes!!

@GLOCKANDROLL...your so wrong. AAAAGGGAAAIINNNNN...my best friend has a g-body (Olds Cutlass '86) and had his set-up done by Kimbles (Down in Savannah; don't know if they're still there) and it was one of the best bass set-ups I've ever heard. He had two older Kicker 15 inch subs (with just the plain Kicker written on the sub), a wide box, a Generation X Boltar, a Legacy crossover (we both weren't sure about what crossover to go with so egh...), and 0-2 gauge wire where it needed to be ran complete with a Kenwood 4042eq, with 3's in front, 6x9's (3-ways) in back and they weren't covered (why I'll never know) but should have been...lmao...that Boltar is da truth!

Everything was seperated, it was loud, it had quad, and it just was an overall simple and great system. The box in the trunk had an eggshell cushion that he once used and now was folded ontop of the box jut to keep the trunk from rattling (reduced rattling a good 60%) and the remaining waves went around the sides of the box and STILL came out into the cabin because they didnt have anywhere else to really go. Behind the box was a wall of wood between the two trunk supports and that's where the amps were mounted; behind that was a board that was laid on the trunk to hold all of the wiring, fuse blocks, crossover, etc. Don't ask me how the sound still came through that amp rack but it did; it was the weirdest thing to him and myself cause I thought sure that in the cabin of the car that it would sound like a bear and a bullhorn whispering to each other??? go figure.

NO WAY IN THE WORLD, your going to sit there and tell me that certain things won't work when I've heard them for myself in person. We've played with inverted subs for years' I remember a basstape that we had ( '92) that when played with one sub in box and the other inverted, caught different signals than the traditional set-up. when 30hz and down were played, the blinds would just shake and rattle like there was a ghost in the room...lol...we laughed about that for years and still do sometime. My point is, science and "what's supposed to be" is one thing, but when you just go and do some shyt sometime, tha calculates out for better results.

I understand the rule of thumb with speakers and all...but AAAAGGGAAAIIINNNNN, I've sat in automobiles that have had 10-16 speakers and it sounded like gold (when it was really worth something I think back in the 80's lol). That's something that I remember and want to do myself. Who gives a flying platypuss (did I spell that right?) about these speakers up front and the others in back?!?!?!?! I plan on adding speakers (at least 8 pair) in strategic areas in the vehicle with a good even amount of wattage and a very good processor to divie it all up. 3 12's...2 15's...2 18's, I will have that beat that I like.

Now don't get me wrong, yeah I'm going to have some huge subs...but that doesn't mean they'll play at full capacity and I try to go win a bass contest with them. I just like bass and how music just comes together; this will only be for me, my lady, and the street. I'm not looking for massive SPL...or diamond fused speakers that have crystal voicecoil's, and I'm DAMN SURE AS HECK am not trying to add a video of me playing Lil John and the Eastside boys or 3 6 Mafia songs onto Youtube and wanting everyone to see how many pennies I shook off the roof...all I want is to play my Too Short, Tribe Called Quest, Stevie Wonder, Scarface, my Jill Scott, ToTo, that dude that sung that song in the first Ghost Busters movie (I Believe it's magic magic....him), Dungeon Family, Outkast, Attic Crew, E-40, Micheal McDonald, Cameo, etc.

Have I explained myself

Now that we have that out of the way...any good ideas on some great headunits??? I've got an older touchscreen, but I still plan on using it if I don't find something better. What do you guys think? Who has a decent unit that gives a good aray of signal to pick up everything on a cd or in music general?? Had a JVC unit that had an actual eq on the radio to adjust (60-250hz) was not a fan at all!!!

You know what...I know what the rules are suppose to be and I know what other people do. But folks, the things that I'm going to do are things that I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears and I'm going to do them. I want 18's to play certain songs and notes!!

@GLOCKANDROLL...your so wrong. AAAAGGGAAAIINNNNN...my best friend has a g-body (Olds Cutlass '86) and had his set-up done by Kimbles (Down in Savannah; don't know if they're still there) and it was one of the best bass set-ups I've ever heard. He had two older Kicker 15 inch subs (with just the plain Kicker written on the sub), a wide box, a Generation X Boltar, a Legacy crossover (we both weren't sure about what crossover to go with so egh...), and 0-2 gauge wire where it needed to be ran complete with a Kenwood 4042eq, with 3's in front, 6x9's (3-ways) in back and they weren't covered (why I'll never know) but should have been...lmao...that Boltar is da truth!

Everything was seperated, it was loud, it had quad, and it just was an overall simple and great system. The box in the trunk had an eggshell cushion that he once used and now was folded ontop of the box jut to keep the trunk from rattling (reduced rattling a good 60%) and the remaining waves went around the sides of the box and STILL came out into the cabin because they didnt have anywhere else to really go. Behind the box was a wall of wood between the two trunk supports and that's where the amps were mounted; behind that was a board that was laid on the trunk to hold all of the wiring, fuse blocks, crossover, etc. Don't ask me how the sound still came through that amp rack but it did; it was the weirdest thing to him and myself cause I thought sure that in the cabin of the car that it would sound like a bear and a bullhorn whispering to each other??? go figure.

NO WAY IN THE WORLD, your going to sit there and tell me that certain things won't work when I've heard them for myself in person. We've played with inverted subs for years' I remember a basstape that we had ( '92) that when played with one sub in box and the other inverted, caught different signals than the traditional set-up. when 30hz and down were played, the blinds would just shake and rattle like there was a ghost in the room...lol...we laughed about that for years and still do sometime. My point is, science and "what's supposed to be" is one thing, but when you just go and do some shyt sometime, tha calculates out for better results.

I understand the rule of thumb with speakers and all...but AAAAGGGAAAIIINNNNN, I've sat in automobiles that have had 10-16 speakers and it sounded like gold (when it was really worth something I think back in the 80's lol). That's something that I remember and want to do myself. Who gives a flying platypuss (did I spell that right?) about these speakers up front and the others in back?!?!?!?! I plan on adding speakers (at least 8 pair) in strategic areas in the vehicle with a good even amount of wattage and a very good processor to divie it all up. 3 12's...2 15's...2 18's, I will have that beat that I like.

Now don't get me wrong, yeah I'm going to have some huge subs...but that doesn't mean they'll play at full capacity and I try to go win a bass contest with them. I just like bass and how music just comes together; this will only be for me, my lady, and the street. I'm not looking for massive SPL...or diamond fused speakers that have crystal voicecoil's, and I'm DAMN SURE AS HECK am not trying to add a video of me playing Lil John and the Eastside boys or 3 6 Mafia songs onto Youtube and wanting everyone to see how many pennies I shook off the roof...all I want is to play my Too Short, Tribe Called Quest, Stevie Wonder, Scarface, my Jill Scott, ToTo, that dude that sung that song in the first Ghost Busters movie (I Believe it's magic magic....him), Dungeon Family, Outkast, Attic Crew, E-40, Micheal McDonald, Cameo, etc.

Have I explained myself

Now that we have that out of the way...any good ideas on some great headunits??? I've got an older touchscreen, but I still plan on using it if I don't find something better. What do you guys think? Who has a decent unit that gives a good aray of signal to pick up everything on a cd or in music general?? Had a JVC unit that had an actual eq on the radio to adjust (60-250hz) was not a fan at all!!!

You've explained yourself just fine.. I think.
I will have to find someone that speaks frontier gibberish and translate in order to be certain.

83 Cannon, I understand what you want. There is nothing different about what you doing though. Whats so different about putting two bigassed subs in a bigassed generic pre-fabbed box? Many many many many many many many people have been there & done that. There is absolutely ZERO ingenuity involved in that approach. It would be 'fun' as rubbing babyoil all over J. Lo's NEVERMIND. Sorry I kinda got a little carried away. Butt in the way of originality and uniqueness it simply won't be. The only problem with that is I keep seeing you post about wanting to do something DIFFERENT. You want different, I'll give you different. Since you obviously are comfortable with consuming your entire trunk with subs, consider this. Build an 18" 'Folded Horn' sub enclosure in your trunk. You'd never miss another note with bass response reaching solidly below 20hz. Unique? Yeah I'd say so.
CIMG0153.JPG

20403d1269906404-can-i-build-horn-small-horn-subwoofer-idea.jpg

folded%20horn%20sub.gif

I googled these to show the inner workings so that you can see that it is more than just a rectangular box. Folded horns are the epitome of 'OLD SCHOOL' and in the trunk of a Regal it would truely be different.

@ GLOCKANDROLL...I'll send you a bag of corn and a ZZ Top album for guessing correctly on what my ride my look like..."G". I guess since I didn't praise your favorite and most coolest set-up in the world, you had to throw a slight insult. Take notes and do like Wendy does and be "gradually" insulting while mixing actual facts and knowledge...scoffs...the nerve of this guy...smh.

@Wendy...by different I mean doing something "I" haven't yet done before; I just want shock value. Again this is just an...well you already know. Now if I had someone that skilled into building an enclosure that didn't want my first and second born...then by all means full speed ahead. But doing a car audio install of this caliber is me just being sort of like GLOCKANDROLL...simple. But when trying to explain (or even actually showing this sort of design to someone) I can almost see the question mark forming overhead of the builder and installer and I just end up walking out of the shop. And what makes it really bad is that if you don't want to spend what ever they quote you, "YOUR" the GLOCKANDR...Im sorry, wierdo.

@Wendy...BUT THIS IS ALONG THE LINES OF WHAT i WOULD LIKE TO HAVE...JUST HAVEN'T FOUND ANYONE TO DO IT. Smh...it seems simple to me (no offense Glock...by offense I mean using the phrase "simple").

Ok I understand much more clearly now. I was having difficulty with 'different'. So what you really want to know is how to put 2 18's in a Regal. Man you should have just named the thread something more to that point.:p

Gradually insulting? Me? Nooooo. Seriously I never meant to come across as insulting.

Now to get to the point of your thread since we have FINALLY figured out what that is through some exhaustive investigative methods.:cool: What?....its not like you told us this is what you wanted or anything. ANYWAY.....

1st thing you need to do is chose the speaker. Your best bet is going to be the speaker that works best in the smallest box. Because you want DEEEEEP bass and 18s respond so low you are going to be happier with a ported box tuned @35ish hz. The closer you can come to this with your space restrictions the more satisfied you will be.

2nd thing you need to do is build the correct box. The only thing that I disagree with what you've done is aquiring a box without knowing what speaker(s) you will use. Boxes are built for speakers so you can't really build/buy a box without knowing what speaker you will use.

I have the tools/knowledge/skill to build any system that I want to. I take that for granted often when making suggestions to other folks. Forgive me for suggesting things that may be priced out of your budget. One of the faults of my suggestions is that I only take into account the cost of the raw materials due to the fact that I never envision paying for labor, and in the 'custom car audio' world labor is a HUGE expense. I have to remember that I'm suggesting things that you are going to pay someone to do for you rather than things that you are going to do yourself. With that I suggest that you do your homework. There are programs (some free) that design speaker enclosures. Get yourself one. Get the 'thiele small' parameters for EVERY 18" subwoofer that you can afford. Plug those parameters into your box program and see which speaker is going to work best in a box you can fit into your trunk. Whether or not you are happy with the results of your efforts/money will be how well matched your subwoofer and box are. It is a very precise science. The same woofer will have a different IDEAL box configuration for its 8 vs 4Ω version as it will for its single vs. dual voicecoil version. Two speakers require twice the box volume ONLY when they have a sealed divider. By allowing the speakers to share the same box will significantly reduce the total box volume needed to reproduce the same frequencies as a divided box. My point is that you HAVE to know what speaker(s) you will use in order to build a box to maximize its potential.

*Other things that often get overlooked.
-Subwoofers in sealed enclosures have to travel 3 times as far to produce the same spl as subwoofers in a ported enclosure (general rule of thumb).-
Your amplifier has to move your speaker 3 times as fast because of this.
Your amplifier has to overcome 3 times the inertia to properly control your speaker because of this.
Your amplifier has to be stronger to power speakers in a sealed enclosure because of this.
The voice coil of the subwoofer has 3 times the area to dissapate heat on the pole piece because this. (thats why subs handle more power in sealed boxes)

I'm sorry I know I do tend to ramble about rumble.

83 Cannon, I understand what you want. There is nothing different about what you doing though. Whats so different about putting two bigassed subs in a bigassed generic pre-fabbed box? Many many many many many many many people have been there & done that. There is absolutely ZERO ingenuity involved in that approach. It would be 'fun' as rubbing babyoil all over J. Lo's NEVERMIND. Sorry I kinda got a little carried away. Butt in the way of originality and uniqueness it simply won't be. The only problem with that is I keep seeing you post about wanting to do something DIFFERENT. You want different, I'll give you different. Since you obviously are comfortable with consuming your entire trunk with subs, consider this. Build an 18" 'Folded Horn' sub enclosure in your trunk. You'd never miss another note with bass response reaching solidly below 20hz. Unique? Yeah I'd say so.

I googled these to show the inner workings so that you can see that it is more than just a rectangular box. Folded horns are the epitome of 'OLD SCHOOL' and in the trunk of a Regal it would truely be different.

If you could put two 18"s in a folded horn that wasn't 3-4x larger than the trunk I'd cut off my penis and eat it on youtube. Furthermore, they aren't for playing low - not that this is what he wants - they are for efficiency and usually have a higher F3 roll-off than a ported box, which has a higher F3 roll-off than a sealed box.

If you could put two 18"s in a folded horn that wasn't 3-4x larger than the trunk I'd cut off my penis and eat it on youtube. Furthermore, they aren't for playing low - not that this is what he wants - they are for efficiency and usually have a higher F3 roll-off than a ported box, which has a higher F3 roll-off than a sealed box.

Dude I'm not about to get into a pissing contest with you. Even though I'm sure I could win it with your penis cut off and eaten and all that. Show me in where I said TWO 18" folded horns. Just because you and 83 don't see eye to eye on what he wants to do doesn't mean you should misconstrue what I post to turn it into a morbid challenge that you have no intentions of honoring when you lose.

*note to self : Be aware that when one starts a thread asking for input on how to do something that one wants to do, one really doesn't want input on how to do what one really wants to do. What one really wants is for GlockandRoll to tell one how to do what GlockandRoll wants one to do.

@ GLOCKANDROLL...I'll send you a bag of corn and a ZZ Top album for guessing correctly on what my ride my look like..."G". I guess since I didn't praise your favorite and most coolest set-up in the world, you had to throw a slight insult. Take notes and do like Wendy does and be "gradually" insulting while mixing actual facts and knowledge...scoffs...the nerve of this guy...smh.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the humor in my reply.

You also must appreciate the fact that you invite criticism when you post a "here's what I plan to do.. help is appreciated" thread on here and dont really take the advice of people such as Wendy and myself. I cant speak for them, but I have worked as a pro-installer for years and worked at a shop that produced both 2 national titles and 1 world title and have designed and installed countless regional winning cars. I have an engineering background and spent a good bit of time designing boxes in term-pro back in the day and have designed and built just about every kind of box you can imagine. Take this in combination with the Grand National being my favorite car, and also being a car that has served as the host of MANY nice audio systems and you can imagine the amount of time I've spent with them.

I tried to be informative, however I just had a hard time comprehending - well actually just READING -your reply and must have felt like someone in the engine/tech area must feel when they get asked a silly question then get their hand bit off when trying to feed someone knowledge and experience.

I'll keep my advice to myself here and just stay subscribed to the thread for my own personal amusement.

Oh, and wash your car.

Dude I'm not about to get into a pissing contest with you. Even though I'm sure I could win it with your penis cut off and eaten and all that. Show me in where I said TWO 18" folded horns. Just because you and 83 don't see eye to eye on what he wants to do doesn't mean you should misconstrue what I post to turn it into a morbid challenge that you have no intentions of honoring when you lose.

*note to self : Be aware that when one starts a thread asking for input on how to do something that one wants to do, one really doesn't want input on how to do what one really wants to do. What one really wants is for GlockandRoll to tell one how to do what GlockandRoll wants one to do.

You didn't specify that it was for two, but you most certainly did not specify it was for one either, and with the topic being "two 18's" it was implied but it is a moot point anyway becuase I bet you could not put 1 18" in a G-body in a folded horn. A tapped horn.. maybe, but they sound like crap anyway.

Not trying to start an argument here or insult, but have you ever built a folded horn? I have, and there is a reason Klispchorns are the size of a refrigerator.

I've got a design for high SPL in this car, and have worked with AP mats in several cars, including the 97 USAC 1000 watt consumer world champ that our shop built in Arlington, TX. We used AP mats and two fosgate power 15"s in a Pontiac Bonneville. It sounded fantastic and produced more bass than you would believe.

Sorry for pointing out that folded horns aren't for high SPL and low frequency response and require 3-4 times the volume we have to deal w/here in the GN.

I'll also put my car against yours from a sound quality stand point any day so bring it. :)

You didn't specify that it was for two, but you most certainly did not specify it was for one either, and with the topic being "two 18's" it was implied but it is a moot point anyway becuase I bet you could not put 1 18" in a G-body in a folded horn. A tapped horn.. maybe, but they sound like crap anyway.

Not trying to start an argument here or insult, but have you ever built a folded horn? I have, and there is a reason Klispchorns are the size of a refrigerator.

I've got a design for high SPL in this car, and have worked with AP mats in several cars, including the 97 USAC 1000 watt consumer world champ that our shop built in Arlington, TX. We used AP mats and two fosgate power 15"s in a Pontiac Bonneville. It sounded fantastic and produced more bass than you would believe.

Sorry for pointing out that folded horns aren't for high SPL and low frequency response and require 3-4 times the volume we have to deal w/here in the GN.

I'll also put my car against yours from a sound quality stand point any day so bring it. :)

You know Glock it isn't your disagreement or counter-argument of points made in this thread that I'm having a problem with, that is ultimately the point of having discussions. It is your arrogant, self-righteous, holier than thou, condescending attitude that is beginning to annoy me. After reading your comments to me I feel like someone spat in my face. So in my parting comments to you I'm going to take the high road and leave you with an honest compliment to end my participation in conversation with you. You have an excellent taste in cars.

You know Glock it isn't your disagreement or counter-argument of points made in this thread that I'm having a problem with, that is ultimately the point of having discussions. It is your arrogant, self-righteous, holier than thou, condescending attitude that is beginning to annoy me. After reading your comments to me I feel like someone spat in my face. So in my parting comments to you I'm going to take the high road and leave you with an honest compliment to end my participation in conversation with you. You have an excellent taste in cars.

Aww... c'mon. I think we both know that's not what you are really upset about.. and being wrong on a few technical details here and there, then getting mad when someone points it out isnt exactly taking the high road either.
And talk about being annoyed, incomplete sentences like "IMO aperiodic if for when using some sort of a box is IMPOSSIBLE." annoys me, becuase I dont even know what the hell you are talking about.

It's not arrogance of self-righteousness if you can back it up. Where is your audio install?
:)

Smh...anyway Wendy, that's about exactly what Im talking about in those pics. The first box I love because it already starts the process in reverberation and by the time it comes out...it mimicks how the sound would be if a traditional dual sub box was in a trunk and the car had passed already and the sound was deeper.
That second configuration looks just like trouble. I can almost see that bass churning out of the maze and releasing into something that sounds soft yet very effective to a nice Jazz musician.
The third is one that I have seen before...I knew a guy that installed car audio and had a sub box with 4 15's and the box looked like a wedge of cheese. The subs put out so much pressure but the barely moved at all. I believe he used two Intefire IFC??? Amps. They were strong I do remember that!

I ran into a place out in Marietta called Maxxxsounds or something. A guy there was willing to take one or two subs that I had at the time and still do (Audiophonics ADF-272 600/1200) and wanted to do what your talking about and build a box to spec. I wouldn't have minded at the time, especially being in a 2000 Regal with that glorious port in the back seat would have been keen. Now may be a little harder because I do want that port in my backseat (Like I mentioned when talking about the Green Regal of my home town in the mid 90's) but just don't want to cut one and ruin the original seating. And finding a backseat just like mine has been mission impossiblebut I'll figure something out.

@Glock...where do I even start? I am aware of the set-up in that Buick Grand National; scanned by it years ago on youtube. And have seen the kickpanels numurous times co-incedently looking for other items on Bing. Stop being a you...I mean di...nevermind.
The reason I started this forum was to get input and use bits and pieces for my own use. Many of the plans that I have typed have been thrown to the dogs because of technical and mathmatical wrong doing on my part in woofer placement and play.

The subs are going to be a set of MA Audio MA180XE. I believe I read once that the subs needed just 5.25cubic ft per sub or something. Do a guesstemate on the box from the pictures I put in here. The box is 16 inches tall and I haven't measure it in a while so I've forgotten the other measurements...moving on.

So headunits...who has a good one that won't have a eq already installed on the deck. Would a carputer be best and where would I find one? I already own an older model Tochscreen...a VCm9t something touchscreen.

@Wendy...what kind of head(giggity)unit do you like to use or would you recommend?

I can't make any recommendations on head units or any of the readily available new car audio stuff. I haven't kept up with the industry and I'll have to shop myself when I upgrade. I do have a brand spanking new never installed 8-track. If I end up not using it myself I could be persuaded to give you a good deal on it.:) I'm serious.

Nnaaaahhhh,this record player is putting out (giggity) diamond sounding wax right now. Plus, the floor model high def black & white tv's that I have I my headrest are just bar none...they came complete with pliers and Commodore II game systems. Thaks anyway tho.

So damn, no one has info on any good head (giggity) units that can pick up good sound and bring out their cd's?

Lol...I just can't help but think that Glock got mad cause I didn't throw him a parade after he showed me that sound system in that Grand National...rotfl...you just can't buy lameness like that...smh. O and high five to your snappy comeback earlier. He needed it.

GLOOOOCCKKKK, I WANT BASS MAN...NOT JUST A CUSTOM SYSTEM THAT LOOKS GOOD.

I like dual sub set-ups and a system so disected that you think it's being played on more than three cd players.