You can type here any text you want

2" lowering rear spring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JC3569

who makes the best 2" lowering spring for a gn.also i will be running a 15x8 with a 4'' BACKSPACING with a 275/60/15 drag radial.Can i get some part numbers.

thanx joe

I am running a Hotchkis Sport Suspension 1903R F-body rear spring that has worked out pretty well. The top 3-4 coils are stacked so if you want to trim a bit more off it works great. Leaves more room for exhaust going over the rear as well. I wanted the rear of my car low as possible with the 275/60's I am running so ended up taking off an additional coil AND didn't run the isolator at the top of the spring to the frame. Put a high quality rubber hose right over the top coil of the spring.

Attachments

• gnpics 002.jpg
    gnpics 002.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 173
  • gastank 006.jpg
    gastank 006.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 170
What rear shocks would you have to run with the lowered springs or the springs will fall out of place when you jack up the car-would you need a shock with 2" less extended height or travel distance? I think Moogs also make some drop springs.

I am still running stock sized Bilsteins on mine. If I jack up the car and support by the frame and let the rear down I can't get the springs out without disconnecting the lower shock bolt. The stacked coils uncompress enough to give more height to the spring to prevent that. Only problem is my shocks don't have a lot of downward travel, about 2-3 inches, price of running a lowered car I guess. Think JEvans or Will Wilkerson made brackets for their rear shocks on their lowered projects. Bolted to the lower shock mount. Should have bought them when he sold them. Running a tall tire like a 275/60 makes it even harder to lower the rear due to the height vs a stock size tire.

I used to run chopped down Mustang springs on the back and always worried about the springs popping out but never really did any Dukes of Hazzards jumps with the GN.:)

Back