You can type here any text you want

2 MORE questions for Accel DFI users! ;)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
One, I can totally ditch the maf, correct? Meaning gut it for better flow.? And Two, I hear that you need a jumper wire from a MAF wire to a MAP wire? Is this correct, and if so, which wires? Thanks all, you have been great, See ya in Bristol!

Scott

If you have tha ECU harness adapter. You remove the MAF, replace the 2 bar map sensor with the 3 bar map sensor. You will have to cut new slots in the MAP connecter so it will fit onto the 3 bar. Run a jumper wire from the signal wire on the MAP harness to the signal wire on the MAF harness. Done.

I can't remember off hand without looking, I am out of town now. But you can check the wires with an voltmeter. Just use the ground in the connecter, so when you get 5 volts on the meter, the one you are not plugged into is your signal. Hope that helps.

Ok thanks, are there any installation instructions for Accel DFI lingering around the web? I of course got mine used so I have no instructions. All I have is the three bar map sensor with the harness that goes to the tps and then off of that is a wire that says maf signal. Does this mean that I wont have the cut into the map sensor since the maf signal wire is already there? Meaning, all I have to do is run that wire to the maf signal wire? Also, what do I do with the old map sensor/connector/wires coming from it? Thanks for all your help.

Scott

Whoops forgot one more question. If I remove the maf sensor, what do I do with the wiring harness etc?

Scott

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
Ok thanks, are there any installation instructions for Accel DFI lingering around the web? I of course got mine used so I have no instructions. All I have is the three bar map sensor with the harness that goes to the tps and then off of that is a wire that says maf signal. Does this mean that I wont have the cut into the map sensor since the maf signal wire is already there? Meaning, all I have to do is run that wire to the maf signal wire? Also, what do I do with the old map sensor/connector/wires coming from it? Thanks for all your help.

Scott

I don't really know about the setup you have with that TPS wire. It sounds like the Alpha-N setup. It is for normally aspirated. Throttle position vs rpm. The ECM can go between Alpha-N and the Map vs load configuration in one of the menus. I would try hooking up the ECU to the car harness and running the wire from the map sensor to the Maf connecter. Just tuck away the MAF plug out of the way securely.

I believe he has a MAP harness that gets power from the TPS plugs (5 volts) for the MAP sensor. The wire that says MAF signal connects to the center wire in the MAF plug.

TurboBob

Originally posted by TurboBob
I believe he has a MAP harness that gets power from the TPS plugs (5 volts) for the MAP sensor. The wire that says MAF signal connects to the center wire in the MAF plug.

TurboBob

I guess that setup would have two MAP sensors, right? I replaced mine and then jumpered from the MAP to the MAF.

I did my old car that way too.... But it
affects the stock boost gauge (I recal'd mine and relabeled the faceplate 0-25 psi...)

Bob

Turbobob, you are correct, it has one separate wire labeled maf signal, coming from the tps. Now you mean I have to run both map sensors??? Or ditch the other and leave the stock plug hanging. Also, leave the maf plug hanging? and just connect the maf signal wire to the center wire? Thanks for all your help. I wish I had instructions.
My dfi Is for normally aspirated??? Please tell me otherwise, does this mean it will not work??
Scott

No it is not just for normally aspirated. I was cpnfused by the TPS harness you had. You can choose either in the menu. Attach your wire to the MAF signal wire and secure it to something. I wrapped mine in a little bag also. Hope that hepls. I am only familiar with my setup.

Back