You can type here any text you want

2 questions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jay dcpt

What trans mount do you guys perfer? And what tire came on a gn from the factory? I believe they were bfg radial ta's but Im not a hundred percent on that. I like to keep the outside of my car looking stock But I would like to upgrade on the mount and would prefer to buy one off of a vender on this board.

HR trans mount hands down. Also includes a shim if you decide to not run the cat converter hanger.:)

Turbo RX-6 is correct on the stock tires. I bought a 86 GN new and it had those stock/ original in white outline letters. You could also get the same size Goodyear tires in a blackwall type too. They have long been discontinued. Consider Firestone Firehawk 500 tires if you are giving thought to BFG Rad TAs. I've had several sets of both of those and the Firestone tires hook and handle better. If you want to spin, pick the Rad TAs. If you are running stock rims, 235- 60's will fit without scrubbing and allow full tire rotation changes. Good luck and have lots a fun! :wink:

Thanks for the replies everyone ordering mount today and am going tire shoping thus week.

+1 on the Indy 500's. I have them on my one set of rims. They hook awesome for a street tire.

However........ better get a move on. I've read that Firestone is no longer making them. Once in stock sizes are gone... they're gone.

I would go with 235 60 15 Goodyear Eagle GT II. Just put a set on my GN rims and I love them. Looks similar to the original GT's and ride is great. Much better looking tire than the Firestone with all of that crap all over the sidewall.

Do you think that you might be able to post a pic? And how much did you spend on them?

Paid $470 or so shipped from Tire Rack. About the same you'll pay for any tire in that size, not too many options.

Heres a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 110
I think that looks good nice and clean. Thanks for the help and thats a clean gn very nice car.

Back