You can type here any text you want

2 Step foot switch wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gn-newbee

Got the ecm wired just need a little help with the foot switch, pic below. I know it needs a 12V source but what post does it go to, 1-2-3? And what about the grey and brown wire?

Also attached a pic of current settings. Are these a decent starting point
5900 RPM
trig 3000
8 retard timing

Attachments

• IMG_1123.JPG
    IMG_1123.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 188
look at switch you want to connect to common and the N/O terminal

you dont need 12v you could use ground if you set the dips for it

for timing retard (grey wire) you need to connect both the brown (trigger) and grey together to common terminal and connect the N/0 terminal to 12v (or ground if dips are set for that )

i never used the retard

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

Do not see anything about the dip switch setting for 12V or ground for activating in directions? Do you know what switch and setting is up/down?

Thanks for the info

Do not see anything about the dip switch setting for 12V or ground for activating in directions? Do you know what switch and setting is up/down?
I was wondering the same thing! What would it do if it was set for ground and 12v was used?

sorry about that , thats on the tr6 for two step which has a dip to provide 12v pullup so trigger can be activated with ground

to use ground totrigger you need a relay
wire...
12v to 85 and 30 ,
brown and grey wire to 87 ,
one side of switch (common or N/O terminal ) to 86
other side of switch to ground

K so easy way is to just do like you said in first post and run a 12v to N/O and grey/brown wire to common? Does the other terminal get a ground or leave it empty?

Ok got it wired up and went for a test. If I set the trig to anything more than 2200 the tires start to spin slowly. Is it just going over the converter stall speed? Supposed to be a re stalled stocker Nick did for me during trans build. Only building about 4-5lbs of boost.

Whats the issue to tight?

I need to check what the rpms are at 4-5lbs of boost.
I have the trig set to 2100 so was just going by that. Maybe play with the trig settings?

see what you can hold with the two step set high , you can play with the retard settings (dont ride it long like that) and see if you can push a little more , once you see what you can hold set the two step accordingly . you may want to pull the drums , check them make sure they arent loaded with dust or oil , sand drum and sand any glazing off the pads pads with coarse grit and try again. s10 wheel cylinders and soft shoes will hold more but they can be tricky and may lockup quicker in the rain

You mean up the trig settings?

I think I have it set for 8 degree retard timing. This happens at the trig setting when activated right?

yes up the trig , i don know if the retard comes in without being at the two step limit but i would turn up the two step setting and see what you can get , work on the rear brakes and see if you can improve that . at the track the rear tires will have more grip and your front brakes will help the rear hold a little more because they would have to push the car forward

Think the brakes are original, 26k mile car so make I need to upgrade the rear shoes and cylinders?

Does someone still offer the larger shoes?

Back