You can type here any text you want

2 step w/trans brake and FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tubby

i know when i dialed in my ae vs. tps small changes made a huge difference on the launch. setup is a supercharged 383 lt1 w/ 4400 stall. my question is in going to a two step w/trans brake is FAST going to handle this or do i need to work oon some tables. i've seen where some people set there closed loop higher. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to talk to the dealer you bought the system from. They should be able to get it updated to ignore the O2 sensor when the two step is activated. This option allows you to keep the lower closed loop setting for normal use and not have to change it each time you change the 2 step rpm.

Haven't heard of that yet. Is it a new setting change or somekind of logic software that lets the ECM know you are on a two-step?
Greg Kring

You have to have the software modified. Then you connect the two step wire (if negative) to the ESC wire. Then you change the settings in the program in the knock section. If you want to keep ESC, you connect the two step (if positive) to the NOS input.

I'LL CALL PRECISION AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. May not work on my box since it is sequential, but it sounds like a good idea. On a semi-related note how is that trans-brake incher I saw you using a few years ago working out for you? I'd like to try it on a Buick we have here trying to run a 91mm turbo.
Greg Kring

Cal if I read that right, FAST now has a software upgrade that will allow you to use a rev limiter and not have to worry about the O2 making corrections for it?

Greg: It will work on any Buick box. My car has this feature and has all the bells and whistles. The transbrake box works pretty good. I have never really scienced it out. My new 88mm turbo spools so fast I don't need it.

Reggie: That is correct. When I order that option, I ask for the "O2 ignore" option. I'm not exactly sure what it's real name is.

update: i took the car to the track for the first time after the 2 step install. and i didn't have any problems at all. that for all the input though.

Back