You can type here any text you want

20 psi on pump gas? timing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

Anyone running 20 psi on pump gas? i was thinking of setting timing to about 16 deg . would the car run better with less boost and a bit more timing? anyone tried this outthere?

I dont think you going to run 20psi on 93 octane. My personal experience involved knock trying 18psi on 93. If you want to run that high of boost you have 2 options
Alky or Race Gas. Also i hope you a scantool to monitor everything.

You can run way lower timing and get more boost, just like running way richer mixture. But it doesnt make any more power.

Becuase it runs 20 PSI at rich fuel and low timing, it will be just as fast or faster at 20 degree's timing and 16 PSI at proper air fuel.

Anyone running 20 psi on pump gas? i was thinking of setting timing to about 16 deg . would the car run better with less boost and a bit more timing? anyone tried this outthere?

I run 18* of WOT timing in 1st and 2nd gear and 17* in 3rd and 4th gears.

My boost is 20# in 1st and 2nd gears and 19# in 3rd and 4th gears.

I seldom show any knock retard, but on rare occasions depending on weather, may see .5 -.8 KR on the 2/3 shift.

I'm also convinced that my FMIC is a big factor in being able to do this. I've never seen manifold temps over 97 even on a hot day wot pull.

Back