You can type here any text you want

200 behind a BB with N2O, can it be done?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SilverSleeper

My friend has a 69 Olds cutlass with a built 455. He had a TH350 in it for a long time, but to drive to the track, he needed something with overdrive. (since its a hour and a half drive to the nearest track with 3.90 rear gears).
I convinced him to go with the 200, since he could retain his driveshaft and it would mount right up. He got a used one (non-brf) and had it rebuilt by a reputable tranny builder with all the good parts. It held up real good for a long time, and he beat on it too. But now theres a new problem.
Since he feels the need to add squeeze (to keep up with me obviously ;)
he says it slips real bad under a 75 shot and goes to heck under a 125 shot. For a while, it held as long as he wasnt juicing. Now he says it slips constantly just on motor.
Can a 200 be built to handle this much power?
The car ran a 13.4 last year, probably could do a 12.8 on motor now, and nearly a high 11 on squeeze. He hasnt broken anything, yet, just burning it up.
Since I was really pleased with my 200 from Jack Cotton, I recommended the full billet from Jack. But, I wonder if that will hold it?

Attachments

• jrandy1.jpg
    jrandy1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 113
Another pic of his car a ESTA in cicero NY last year.

Attachments

• jrandy2.jpg
    jrandy2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 112
Back