You can type here any text you want

2000 Softail Night Train

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I am selling my 2000 Night Train $16,500obo.
103" Screamin Eagle stroker with 5000 miles on bottom end and under 1000 on top end
Screamin Eagle CNC HTCC heads, I blended the seats into the bowl and combustion chamber, which helped low lift airflow
103+ pistons for 11.8:1 compression
Woods TW9FG .650 lift cams with S&S gear drive
Jims Hydro Solid lifters
Crane pushrods
Jims roller rockers
Screamin Eagle 51mm CV carb with thunderjet and custom S&S intake manifold
Crane ignition
Thunderheader pipe
200mm Metzler on the back with 530 chain drive
Softail Duece rear fender
Weld racing solid 18" rear wheel
Stock lace front wheel with new Metzler 90/90
Lowered 2" front, 2.5" rear
Screamin Eagle race primary gear
Barnett clutch with 9 frictions
Barnett race clutch spring
Harley tach with billet mount
I have always run Mobile 1 V-twin oil every 2000 miles, and I changed the primary and transmission lube every year
I am sure there are some things I am forgetting. This bike looks like new.
The bike is all black with no emblems or decals. I have spent well over $30,000 on this bike since 2002, and I do all my own work. The bike made 125rwhp/124rwtq on a very consertive Dynojet 250. It made more power than some hot 113's and 124's that were tuned on the same dyno. It could probably make some more HP with a larger 2" headpipe exhaust. I ran 10.9@120 with the old 112rwhp/114rwtq engine set up, and this new set up not only peaks more, but makes 20+hp and torque more under the curve and peaks torque 1000rpm sooner. It is a beast. I hate to sell it, but I haven't even put 200 miles on it in the last 2 summers.

Nice... That thing must be a beast at that power to weight ratio. Heck, it makes more power than my S&S 106cui. in my bike (116/116).

K.

It smokes the tire rolling into the throttle in 2nd. It revs so fast in 1st, the tach bounces, and can't keep up. The torque is peaked by 3500, and is never below 100. Hp peaks at 5600, but is still over 120hp to the 6700 rev limiter. Gotta love those Woods cams.

It smokes the tire rolling into the throttle in 2nd. It revs so fast in 1st, the tach bounces, and can't keep up. The torque is peaked by 3500, and is never below 100. Hp peaks at 5600, but is still over 120hp to the 6700 rev limiter. Gotta love those Woods cams.

I have S&S .585 cams in there now. I'm thinking of making a change... :cool:

K.

I had mine on a Dynojet 250i @ JD's Cycle Works in Bethlehem, PA last Thursday. We picked up a few HP & TQ, and got to 123-HP @ 6k-rpm and 120-TQ @ 4300-rpm. The next day I spit another belt out the back... :biggrin:

Is your 530-chain kit from Zipper's or 3guys, or ???

I'm going with a set of Woods cams along with the chain kit next. I want the torque "all in" sooner than 4300-rpm.

K.

It is a 530 chain. I got the 200 tire kit from Doherty Machine. The rear sprocket was 3/8" out from the front sprocket. I had to remove some material from the rear caliper hanger and some from the spacer between the sprocket and wheel. I called Doherty Machine, and they said it was fine.:rolleyes: They couldn't figure out why I was having problems. Also without machining the caliper, the final width of the spacers, wheel, and caliper was too wide, I couldn't get the clip in the axle nut.
If you are using a 130 or 150 rear tire, a chain drive can be put together pretty easily from a Drag catalog. I think a 180 Avon tire can be used with special spacing without having to use an offset front sprocket.
I used to know what was needed to do it, but now my attention has been brought back to the Buicks, so I forgot alot of Harley things.
Those are awesome numbers. The Woods cams will really wake things up down low. I just took my bike down the road today. Shifting at 4000, there are light black marks from 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Can't beat torque.

very nice looking bike, i was just out looking for one last week....then it got nice out and i drove my GN again, now i want to buy more car parts:biggrin:

gl with the sale, very nice

Back