You can type here any text you want

2002 Z24!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JayLashua

Lol, well, what's so special about a Z24 you say? well according to motor trends test, 0-60 7.5 secs for the '84 GN and 7.8 for the Z24.. should be close I imagine.. This by the way was a guy I work with and is well educated in turbo engine mechanics, and buick power, unfortunately he is still an import man.. ;o Anyway, we decide to run them down the 2-lane road right outside of work.. its 12:00am so noone's around..

Now, his car is stock, mines a stock 87 longblock with a test pipe, K&N, 87 ECM (Stock chip), adjustable wastegate, stock everything else.

We are doing about 20 mph from a roll and he counts..3...2...1.. we nail it.. it took a second for my turbo to spool and by then I reeled him in and gained about a length before shutting it down at 55 (it was a 40 zone, gesh!) A sad night in the Z24 community.. ;)

Not bad for a car that supposedly ran a 15.88 back in '83s motor trend test! :D

haha they will never learn...it's hard to even beat a hotair these days :p

very nice car though...hotairs are getting really rare now:(

Yep thats exactly why i decided against converting it to a 87 intercooled.. though the engine isnt original any more... i plan to keep it hotair.. ;)

hopefully I'll ahve a new rebuilt turbo wrenched on my car this afternoon.. woo

Back