2004r Crossmember for F-Body?

sheckyZ28

I was curious if finding a TTA crossmember was the only route for mounting a 2004r into an F-body. Are there aftermarket place that make "decent" priced crossmembers for that application? I herd of possibly using a crossmember for a different tranny will work as well, what do you guys know about this?

I had used one of the Spohn cross members, was like $100, he advertises on the thirdgen list.
FWIW, mine was the non torque arm version.

torque arm

You have to use a torque arm. IT KEEPS YOUR REAR FROM TWISTING. What I mean is without it, your rear (where it is connected to the driveshaft) would just rotate upward into the floor. You could put ladder bars on and ulimate it, but the torque arm set-up is so much more streetable and easier to set up than ladder bars.

Have you seen the $ for the Spohn engineering torque arm/cross member:eek: ? But, it looks like a nice pice of equipment. Has been a nice dust collector in my garage for the past 6 months!!

Re: torque arm

Originally posted by mrtransam3
You have to use a torque arm. IT KEEPS YOUR REAR FROM TWISTING. What I mean is without it, your rear (where it is connected to the driveshaft) would just rotate upward into the floor. You could put ladder bars on and ulimate it, but the torque arm set-up is so much more streetable and easier to set up than ladder bars.

you can also buy and install the southside machine subframe/lower control arm kit and not have to use a torque arm

problem is that once you set pinion angle, you have to live with it since there is welding involved