2005 GTO Judge : RAM AIR 6 (official pics)

I like it:cool:

And as soon as they hits the dealerships in my area, the Z71 Surburban is getting traded in! That is one bad azz ride:eek:

I believe I'm correct in saying those are pictures of a one off 2004 GTO put together for the Woodward Cruise. There is no relationship to the 2005 GTO, although enthusiasts on LS1GTO.com would love it to be so.

That car looks great!!!

Originally posted by strikeeagle
I believe I'm correct in saying those are pictures of a one off 2004 GTO put together for the Woodward Cruise. There is no relationship to the 2005 GTO, although enthusiasts on LS1GTO.com would love it to be so.

That car looks great!!!

i believe you are right, but if by a miracle GM listened and built this car as is, it would sell, and i would be bugging my dad to get one so i could get a chance to drive it lol

if the first pics does not become production then pontiac has the actors from queer eye for the car guy making final decisions !!!!

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
WHUT, who are you talking to?

CM_LS1

In his other thread about this car another user claimed the original GTO was nothing more than a bland Tempest. As quoted here,

(Quote: )
Originally posted by krispycamaro
Lest we forget the original GTO was nothing but a bland tempest with a hi-performance motor

My answer to that;
I didnt think the styling of the GTO or Tempest of the day were that bland. Granted, they were bland to Mopar with all their outlandish colors but still they looked good. I had a 1970 GTO and loved that car. I wouldnt take a current day GTO unless I was given the right to sell it as soon as I got it.

CM_LS1 decided to come back at me with this;

(Quote: )
Originally posted by Whut
I didnt think the styling of the GTO or Tempest of the day were that bland. Granted, they were bland to Mopar with all their outlandish colors but still they looked good. I had a 1970 GTO and loved that car. I wouldnt take a current day GTO unless I was given the right to sell it as soon as I got it.

CM_LS1;
Now the GN , thats Bland... seriously.

but just because a car is bland doesn't mean its not nice.. duh !

This is why I am surprised to see him on this site and told him to go back and look at the person I quoted.

I must be the only one to think its modeled after an M3...

No, you're not the only one, Jim. As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought BMW.

Here are some observations:

1. The Supercruise GTO looks much better than the production GTO. However, don't expect to see it in your dealer's showroom anytime soon. Like, um, never?

2. The car is orange because orbit orange graced many GTOs is the day.

3. Excepting the hood, a '64 GTO looks pretty much like a '64 Tempest. That was the idea, wasn't it? Musclecars grew from plain jane cars. GN grew from Regal.

4. Having lived with a few of them, musclecars weren't nearly as nice as we remember them.

5. Nobody seems really sure what the new GTOs are competing against.

6. If GM had called the GTO anything but a GTO they'd have sold the 18,000 they'd hoped to sell this year, and people would love them.

tempest !! That is where it should have started them into a GTO in 05 with more power / better looks

splitters

The exhaust splitters were available on the early GTO's.