2007 GS National Forms ONLINE

GNregistry

2007 Buick GS National Forms available online!

Registration, Vendor / Swap Meet, Nationals Information, Program Ad, Sponsor Ad.... Big changes and more competitve... more information, more fun!!! Hybrid Racing Class but Buick Powered...

Click on GS NATIONALS .:. BUICK **** GS NATIONALS OFFICIAL WEB SITE., FORM links located at top of page in red box and also on registration page.

GS NATIONALS REGISTRATION INFORMATION .:. May 15 - 19, 2007 :: Buick GS Nationals.

Also, posted videos from 2003 - 2006 on the bottom of the home page and using YouTube.com, if you visit YouTube or Google video search on GSNATIONALS. 2006 Big Gun Shootout, 2004 Match Race V-8 vs V-6 and 2003 video compilation about 5 minutes in length....

Original or modification??

0 - 3 Mods is determined by the judges at the event, each class is different, pick one and you will have competition --- 32 classes knocked down to 16. all show cars will be in the oval track this year. Interpret anyway you want, to me it means less walking and more Buicks in one area...

2007 GS Nationals will be the EVENT to attend!!

Watch the website for future postings--- GS NATIONALS .:. BUICK **** GS NATIONALS OFFICIAL WEB SITE.

Pick a race class and sponsor money or check or whatever you want to give out personally, car parts, shirts, cash, be creative!

Also, be sure to check out YouTube.com for GS National video coverage of past events... was going through my computers and uploaded videos for GNX 31, 165, 244, 311, 375... Including 2003, 2004, 2006... I will add more as time allows...

I guess this is still at Beechbend? I read it was leaving there is a article in this months Street Thunder a book published by National Street Machine Club that the G S nationals as well as the Hot Rod reunion was leaving Beechbend in 07 because of the dispute over the road to get in to Beechbend. I hope it is at Beechbend still I just bought a 87 gn 2 months ago I cant wait to see all the other Buicks there.Just thought I would let you all know about this article.

False, there was land dispute issue

False, there was land dispute and who has the right to use the road to the the track...

The Track and Park are a cornerstone of the community. To move the GS nationals means loss of 1 million dollars to Bowling Green, KY

27 years and going strong...

**** BB forum link
Lawsuit to close Beech Bend Park

In 2003 I used the road that has been closed to park visitors, basically when you go the track, when you get to the big tree turn right, in years past, you went straight.... Kentucky hills and horses are great!

More information for NHRA

Why NHRA moved?
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=11620AA83969FB98&p_docnum=4

On Monday, the Bowling Green-Warren County Metropolitan Planning Organization discussed adding a third lane on Beech Bend Road, with two lanes into the park and two lanes out during high traffic times, said Warren County Judge-Executive Mike Buchanon, who serves on the MPO planning committee.

This expansion would deal with the 1.7 to 1.8 mile section from Louisville Road to where Beech Bend Road enters the park, Buchanon said.

“That area really needs a third lane,” he said.

The biggest reason the National Hot Rod Association no longer uses Beech Bend Raceway is because of congestion, Mayor Elaine Walker said.

The official statement from the NHRA said the event was moved because they outgrew Beech Bend as a facility in general.

There are already more than 100,000 vehicles entering the park annually, Walker said. There also needs to be discussion of adding a second access road to the park.

“Within the next couple of years, the park will break the mark of 1 million visitors per year,” Buchanon said.