200r4 Line Pressure

cpac

CPAC
I am doing a major rebuild on my motor....when my transmission was rebuilt last year a 570(i think) boost valve was installed ,,I was told i should get 250 psi line pressure..(TO HIGH)? ,,I did not put a guage on it yet ,i am worried about my new stroker 109 trust bearing.....my TC is a 9 in cpt n stall..3200 what type of cleareance ...torque to pump....torque to flywheel should i run THANKS

This guy is totally correct.

Read this thread. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/199710-gap.html

The converter pressure is the pressure that needs to be assesed to prevent thrust bearing failures. You can achieve higher line pressures without overcharging the converter.

We run alot more line than that yet our converter discharge pressure is under 30 psi and 0 when locked. I'll bet you guys didn't know that when the converter locks cooler and/or converter pressure drops.Ck it if you do not believe me.

250 is nothing......and our boost valve would NOT be the cause even if line was high.

Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services

We run alot more line than that yet our converter discharge pressure is under 30 psi and 0 when locked. I'll bet you guys didn't know that when the converter locks cooler and/or converter pressure drops.Ck it if you do not believe me.

250 is nothing......and our boost valve would NOT be the cause even if line was high.

Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services
I agree with Bruce. 250 should be considered a minimum in high HP applications.

When the T/C locks and your cooler line gauge goes to zero, it does not mean that there is no push on the crank. The reversed flow in the T/C during lockup is pushing on the L/U clutch. That is what keeps it applied and not slipping. I don't know of any way to measure T/C pressure while it is locked up.