2010 TSA @ B.G. show and race results...

the comments about this class are interesting---------while everyone is welcome to their opinions they are also free to sponsor a class and provide payout at any time--------perhaps a TSAWTL (turbo stock appearing without trunk label) could be in order--------of course the label has nothing to do with performance but it has everything to do with car value and its pointless to argue otherwise---------lots of things tend to deviate from their original intent--------next tuesday we are going to go to the polls and vote about issues regarding a country where we have clearly deviated from original intent of individual freedom, small govt and self accountability--------i do not intend to see TSA deviate from my original intent--------if it does someone else is welcome to take it over, sponsor it and turn it into whatever they want--------Joe will attest that I felt really bad about someone driving all the way from wisconsin only to be disqualified---------before the event i told joe it is not the intent to disqualify anyone------- but when the rules state clearly in the first few lines the the vin and the trunk label must match why would anyone drive so far when the rules could not be clearer???------let me once again state the intent of the class----------i am a collector of TR's--------actually GN's to be exact---------even if i have no intent of ever selling a single car from my collection i still like to see when a nice example of a GN sells for twice its original sticker price---------i also view with interest watching collector cars privately or at auction sell for huge amounts---------older muscle cars selling for high 6 figures is impressive to say the least--------one thing you can bet on is that when those cars do bring that kind of money they are really fine examples of the breed--------perfect condition, numbers matching concours quality cars---------it is this level of car that the TSA class is aimed at--------my hope is that with a little incentive we will encourage the development of techniques that will enable a TSA legal car to eventually run in the 10's--------think about how much we modify (read: hurt the value) of our cars just to make them run a little faster--------look at the THS class--------why are there so many cars in THS?-------it's simple------because few GN owners are content to leave their cars stock and are willing to spend large amounts of money to run faster but not quite willing to step up and spend what it takes to be competitive in TSO/TSM etc---------a ten second street car is impressive------unfortunately in order to have one you have to start with a stock car and spend lots of money on it and the more you spend the less its worth--------i believe given the incentive we will eventually develop recipes that will take our TSA cars into the 10's without devaluing them---------presently Red has run a best of 11:09 --------a few more years and we just might all be able to have a stock appearing car that runs 10's----------is a trunk label necessary??-------of course not but when that day comes i want these cars to be pristine examples of the breed---------when i first suggested the idea of doubling the purse if the car won concours everyone told me it couldn't (or wouldn't) be done-------no one had ever heard of racing a concours car-------well its been done and i believe we will eventually see a 10 second regal gold concours winner---------and if you don't think that will get some press and increase the status and value of our cars you are badly mistaken----------if i keep doubling the purse each year i think we will see it within another two years...................RC

-a ten second car that appears stock is REALLY impressive

Well said!

It's obviously your money Richard, and you are right I had the intent of the class all wrong...I thought it was too see how fast people could go with stock appearing cars, which really could be a wide range of inventive people with varying incomes on a level playing field, and then on top of that if they were show quality they could win REALLY big money (thus drawing out the guys with cars so nice they wouldn't normally consider doing a burnout with it). Ok all the payouts are really big money to me, but I know not everyone sees it the same as I do.

Once again we all appreciate you putting money into the community as you do, my comments were aimed strictly at upping car count.

John Norton, (GNX 405) WOW what a beautiful car, I am still stunned with the quality and workmanship that was performed on you car. It was a pleasure to meet and talk to you and wish that you could have came by earlier so we could have got you hooked up on tires and fuel, I would have loved to see how it would run along with many others. But if you can't stop at the end of the track........

Thanks for the compliment Bill. It's no 12 flat gold concours car though. Your car, and it's performance, is impressive. I really appreciate your offers to help.

-john

GNregistry, you can get all your vehicle option codes, invoice number, and original dealer info from GM Archieve. The data will cost you $50.

GM Media Archive

I personally like this class the best. I hope the car count will grow each year. I believe someone will get their car into the 10's. The problem will be getting them to share how with everyone else.

Craig