2011 BPG Nats: TSA Class? Those interested in racing look inside please!!!!

Class Interest Level

• Based on rules, I want to build a car for the class?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Based on what I have read/heard from class participants I am building a car for the class?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I want to participate in this class with a car in Columbus for the BPG event?

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

VETKILR

Staff member
Hello fellow Turbo Regal enthusiasts,

I discussed with the King of Turbo Regal enthusiasts today aka Richard Clark about running the TSA class at 2011 Buick Performance Group Nationals July 29-31, 2011. He would sponsor the class and tech it as it his rules and his class. This is his baby and he will run his style. For all those stock appearing Turbo Regal owners here is a chance to run your car as it is meant to be run: WOT in stock appearing form. We are a year before the event taking a roll call of who will be interested to run in the class if we do in fact run the class at Columbus in addition to Bowling Green. RC has expressed his belief that he thinks there are not many stock appearing cars left in existence, and the ones that are, simply stated, the owners are not interested in racing events. This is a "feeler" to see 1 year out who is interested in attending the BPG Nationals and participating in the TSA Class! We shall in addition to this class be having the "T" Party devoted to Turbo Regals and Turbo Trans Am with more exciting news to be released in the coming months. This will be a must attend event for the Turbo Regal and TTA enthusiast/owner and with the addition of the biggest supporter and collector in our TR community, Richard Clark this will be the icing on the cake so to speak. Below will be listed a link to the rules of the class and any questions pertaining to the class just ask on the TSA forum on Turbobuick.com. Hope to see this class grow and hope to see you all there come next July.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is JOE HELSING. Richard Clark has asked me to oversee the TSA inspection process for his special award for the winner of the TSA class at Bowling Green this October. See his post at A2000Rich, dated 11 Feb 2010 2:16 PM under TSA Rules and Regulations at Turbobuick.com. I am the retired Air Force Colonel that Richard mentions. I purchased my 1987 GN new and have maintained it ever since. One owner. There have been many questions about TSA rules from racers. Please be advised that the key words here in Turbo Stock Appearing are 'Stock Appearing'. It must appear as if the vehicle just came off of the trailer fresh from the GM factory. Those who wish to qualify for Richard Clark's special award in TSA Class must abide by TSA Rules. The rules are posted at Buick GS Club of America. Click on Bulletin Board and scroll and click on GS NATS-RACE RULES & PAYOUTS and then click on TSA TURBO STOCK APPEARING. The rules will come up. For example: chrome plated differential case covers are a no-no since GM did not ship Turbo Regals that way. Polyurethane bushings in the suspension are likewise not stock appearing, as is tinted glass beyond GM's original Glass tint. If your state allows a deeper tint, then you must bring a copy of that page(s) from your states Motor Vehicle Code that permits a deeper tint. The Vin Code under the windshield must match the Vin Code on the trunk lid Service Parts Identification Label (SPI). I'm looking forward to meeting TSA racers

Regards,

Anthony Rose

BPG#1139

GSCA#2621

Buick Performance Group Board of Directors

Vendor/Donor Coordinator-Co-Chair 2011 "T" Party-Turbo Regal Reunion

TROSE231@Hotmail.com

The Buick Performance Group