2011 GS Nationals

Just some observations:

1.) Purses from May 2010 being rolled over to October 2010: Rolling over a sponsorship means taking the pledge and using the same pledge from the same sponsor for the Oct event. The sponsor doesnt sponsor TWICE. So taking $150 and dividing by two isnt correct, ok? And some of my sponsors who agreed to sponsor in May had to back out for the October event due to economic reasons. Not my or the GSCA's fault. Just circumstances.

2.) Not bashing, but Reynolds wasnt 2 days Buick only. There were V8 Turbo Regals, Rails, BMW's, Dodge's, Chevy pickups, Pontiacs etc there both days. Again, not bashing but it is what it is. Very fun event though, even though they shut down the track on Friday at 4:30.

3.) The Nationals per day cost to play is on par with all of the other events. It cost me and 1 other person $90 to race in Reynolds for a day and a half since the track was only open on Friday from 11:00-4:30. Again, about the same as the other Buick events and had a great time.

4.) These events, including the GS Nationals, have got to make money or they wont be around for long. Dont begrudge them from making a profit. They all stick their necks out for us to have these events, especially in this economy.

5.) Do any of you here like to work for nothing??? I think not. Neither do the people that bust their humps putting on these Buick events.

6.) Instead of complaining, why not pick an event and pitch in some time and effort to help make it better? Or better yet, pick out a class and throw in $50 sponsor money? Its easier to be positive than negative, and I'm sure the event organizers would appreciate it too.

The purse money from may 2010 was to be rolled over to oct as you say, but the money from may 09 was supposed to be added to the 2010 purses. They announced it at the nationals last year. Obviously it didn't happen. I thought the g.s.c.a. was a club not a business?

The purse money from may 2010 was to be rolled over to oct as you say, but the money from may 09 was supposed to be added to the 2010 purses. They announced it at the nationals last year. Obviously it didn't happen.

It was, 100%. This has nothing at all to do with the GSCA. The RRA for each class and each vendor sponsor handle the payouts 100%. Again, vendors elected to roll their 09 sponsorship to May 2010, which in turn was rolled over to Oct 2010. Most didnt elect to double up on sponsorship just because an event was cancelled or rescheduled. I dont blame them either given the circumstances.

I thought the g.s.c.a. was a club not a business?

It has been a business for a long time. Which is why it has survived for as long as it has. Nobody works for free.

Just some observations:

5.) Do any of you here like to work for nothing??? I think not. Neither do the people that bust their humps putting on these Buick events.

6.) Instead of complaining, why not pick an event and pitch in some time and effort to help make it better? Or better yet, pick out a class and throw in $50 sponsor money? Its easier to be positive than negative, and I'm sure the event organizers would appreciate it too.

I would like to also reiterate that there is no bashing here just a friendly discussion. I GREATLY enjoy all Buick events. It's a great family.

In response to #5, Many people do work for nothing. The Chicagoland Buick Club has six races every year that are scheduled and coordinated with volunteers.
Everyone involved with The Midwest Buick Challenge from the event organizers to the class coordinators and those that run the lanes are all volunteers.
I don't think Buick Race Days in Norwalk is a for profit event. I believe this is all volunteer also. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe it was said that Reynolds is 100% payback so that makes that event all volunteer.
I can't comment on BPG because I really don't know. These are just the ones I'm familiar with, I'm sure there are others. You are wrong that people don't volunteer or work for free (and they actually like it). :)

In response to #6, There are in fact volunteers working at the GSCA event ie; Show car judges just to mention one that I know of.

I will agree with you that the BASE fees at the GSCA are very reasonable. It's the extra fees like registration fee, membership fee, non-member fee, some had to pay both car & driver and spectator fees becaue they were racing and spectating. (I still don't get that one).

But with that said, I can't wait for next years GSCA event, it was great...

GARY HARMON WON MORE THAN $150 FOR WINNING TSO!!

I don't know where this crap came from, but I take exception to it since I am the RRA and Holly worked hard to solicite sponsorship money for that class. She also goes out of her way to solicite sponsorship for other classes that we are NOT the RRA for. Here is what Gary got paid:

$350 Gift Certificate from Precision Turbo
$150 Gift Certificate from HR Parts and a free T-shirt.
$150 Cash from Hartline Performance
$100 Contingency from Hartline Performance
$150 Cash from RPE Machine
$150 Cash from G-Body Parts
$100 Cash from TRZ Motorsports
$100 Gift Certificate from RJC Racing
$150 Gift Certificate from FAST
He got an additional HR Parts T-shirt for the best 60'

So if I did my math correctly, he won $650 Cash and $750 in very good Gift Certificates, plus a couple T-shirts. How does that compare to other Buick events? Does anyone know what the TSO point series pays?

To be honest, I am willing to turn the TSO RRA position over to someone else if they can do a better job.

I don't know where this crap came from, but I take exception to it since I am the RRA and Holly worked hard to solicite sponsorship money for that class. She also goes out of her way to solicite sponsorship for other classes that we are NOT the RRA for. Here is what Gary got paid:

So if I did my math correctly, he won $650 Cash and $750 in very good Gift Certificates, plus a couple T-shirts. How does that compare to other Buick events? Does anyone know what the TSO point series pays?

To be honest, I am willing to turn the TSO RRA position over to someone else if they can do a better job.
Is anyone that is complaining run one of the heads up classes? I know the winner of ths got about $1k in gift certificates and cash, not to mention everyone down to #5 got something at least worth $50 or more.

I think its more about how much the GSCA contributes to the payouts.
I know how hard Cal and Holly work to get the payout to what it is and it is s ****ty job to have at best that most people would want no part of.
Hell, a nice gesture from the GSCA would be to refund the WINNER of each class all the entrance and race fees.

I think the point was the $150 was what the GSCA contributed.

Everyone is well aware 99% of the payout is on yours and other Vendors Shoulders.

I Applaud your Efforts, if not for you and Holly he would have only recieved $150

Here is a Formal THANK-YOU from a Heads up Fan.

I think the point was the $150 was what the GSCA contributed.

Everyone is well aware 99% of the payout is on yours and other Vendors Shoulders.

I Applaud your Efforts, if not for you and Holly he would have only recieved $150

Here is a Formal THANK-YOU from a Heads up Fan.

Yes, that is quite a accomplishment and a nice payout made possible by the vendors and sponsors and the hard work done by the RRA's.

Cal, do you and Holly donate all of your time involved to get these sponsors, collect the money, and handle all the paperwork involved in being RRA? I would sure hope you get some event passes, race tickets and perhaps even a free vendors pass for all the work and aggravation you put up with.

I wasn't aware the GSCA was paying anything to TSO.

We get free entrance tickets for being the RRA. I still have to pay vendor fee's.

I think its more about how much the GSCA contributes to the payouts. Hell, a nice gesture from the GSCA would be to refund the WINNER of each class all the entrance and race fees.

I agree a hunnerd percent. But dont hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I think its more about how much the GSCA contributes to the payouts.
I know how hard Cal and Holly work to get the payout to what it is and it is s ****ty job to have at best that most people would want no part of.
Hell, a nice gesture from the GSCA would be to refund the WINNER of each class all the entrance and race fees.
Exactly correct - this has nothing to do with sponsors/vendors contributions to the event or RRA's. It's about the goose egg that the GSCA contributes to the payouts. I was surprised to hear the sponsors have the burden of 100% of the payouts while GSCA gives 0% of it's profits back to the participants.

Exactly correct - this has nothing to do with sponsors/vendors contributions to the event or RRA's. It's about the goose egg that the GSCA contributes to the payouts. I was surprised to hear the sponsors have the burden of 100% of the payouts while GSCA gives 0% of it's profits back to the participants.

This was the major reason we decided to drop our GSCA membership and the race from our race program. For years I have heard that Richard didn't want this in for this or that class when the racers agreed to allow them in OUR RULE DISCUSSION. For the life of me it must be a lack of common sense or suicidal that somebody who is giving nothing to the racers what so ever as far as $$ would have the ballz to tell us how we build our cars. After all we pay our own way and add to the participation!!!!! :confused:

GN Nationals, Oct, where

getting my calendar ready and want to know about GN Nationals. I have Oct dates but where? Anything on any websites? New member and don't know where event is