2012 Rules Discussion

I will put together a ballet this week. I know in years past, we allowed anyone who had raced TSO the previous two years to have a vote. Does anyone object to this?

I'm sure I missed someome, but here's a list of people who I found that raced in the last two years:

-----------------------2011 Racers
Dave Fiscus
Manny Espino
Tim Szabo
Gary Harmon
Don Cruz
Billy T
Rob Irle
Brad Tennyson
Jason Cramer
Nick Piccione
Paul Dubois
O.C. Cantrell
Jr Turner
Tom Robison
Jason White
----------------------2010 racers
Roy Garcia
Willard Brown
Ted A

<---raced x275 with no exhaust last year and then had an exhaust fabricated for TSO2012.... either way I'm good with running with or without it.

Sorry, I am out of town this week until Friday. Looking at the requests posted earlier, here's what I think you guys proposed:

Rule Change #1: A) Remove the weight penalty for liquid intercoolers
B) Don't remove the weight penalty for liquid intercoolers

Rule Change #2: A) Allow Ladder Bar suspension
B) Allow 4 link suspension
C) Allow Both
D) No change

Rule Change #3: A) Allow E-85 fuel
B) Allow any type of fuel
C) Don't change the fuel rule

Rule Change #4: A) Allow the exhaust to exit anywhere
B) Don't change the exhaust rule

Before we vote on it. I want to offer my opinions:
Last year we revamped the rules to be geared much closer to X275 Rules. Rule changes 2&3 would go against this. Also, if we vote A on Rule Change #3, I am not sure how I will police it without allowing Methanol, Ethanol, Propane, E-98, etc.. Remember once we allow something in, it's almost impossible to remove it.

Since Roy, Willard, and Ted A didn't show much interest in the class this year and haven't indicated they will race next year, I will limit voting to just last years TSO particpants:

Dave Fiscus
Manny Espino
Tim Szabo
Gary Harmon
Don Cruz
Billy T
Rob Irle
Brad Tennyson
Jason Cramer
Nick Piccione
Paul Dubois
O.C. Cantrell
Jr Turner
Tom Robison
Jason White

In order to keep things unbiased, please PM your votes. Once I have received all the votes, I will publicly post the voting/results

I received quite a few votes today. Looks like we may have this wrapped up by the weekend.

What about backing up records ?:rolleyes:

As far as I know, records are just for bragging rights and don't really have any real value in the class. If you want to say a guy has to back it up within a certain percentage at the same event like NHRA, that's fine with me. This has never been much of an issue until the timer problems at BG. We may end up with 3 versions of the record in peoples signatures: 1) Official backed up 2) fastest/quickest legal pass (not backed up) &3) fastest/quickest outlaw pass (not at an official TSO event)

I've received 13 votes so far. Just waiting on the last two to vote and I can post the new 2012 Rules

Not sure why my vote would matter since I race XTSM, but here's how I would vote.

Rule Change #2: D) No change

Rule Change #3: C) Don't change the fuel rule

That would keep this close x275 rules at other races.

Rule Change #2: D) No change

Rule Change #3: C) Don't change the fuel rule

Rule Change #1:
B) Don't remove the weight penalty for liquid intercoolers

Rule Change #2
D) No change

Rule Change #3:

C) Don't change the fuel rule

Rule Change #4:
B) Don't change the exhaust rule

I dont race this class so my vote may not count but,I do know most people in the class and speaking with some we all agreed stick to the basics of what tso was based on. The only thing we would reccomend or change would be turbo size maybe allow the next size bigger turbo just our .02 cents from Detroit.