2012 TSR Rules and Regulations

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Rules will be open for discussion until 12/15/2011 after which they will be locked in place to get ready for the 2012 race at TB Nats.

General
: TSR is a class designed for everyone! With a NO LIMIT on turbo, No restriction on Engine, No restriction on Trans, No restrictions on rear ends, pretty much allows anyone and everyone to be able to have a class to race in with as minimal restrictions as possible.

1. TSR will be run with a “heads-up” pro tree start and off of a pro ladder.

2. No peer technical inspections relating to safety equipment rules by class participants or peers. The track safety personnel will make all final rulings on safety related items.
3. Any vehicle is subject to being re-weighed and re-inspected (tech) immediately after the final round of eliminations or any other time deemed necessary by the Race Rules Administrator (RRA).
4. Any entrant caught deliberately breaking the rules or deliberately attempting to break the rules or breeches that violate the spirit of competition will be disqualified from TSR.

Chassis & Exterior

1. Lights, horn and windshield wipers must be operational.
2. Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods, bumpers and bumper filler panels are allowed.
3. MINIMUM vehicle weight including the driver MUST be at least 3500. Complete stock and painted T-Type, Turbo Regal, Grand National or 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am body required.
5. Stock wheelbase is required.
6. The engine and the firewall must be in the stock location.
7. Stock operable door glass windows, glass quarter windows (where applicable), glass front and rear windshields are required. No lexan.
8. Factory stock suspension locations required with any type stock location shock absorbers and aftermarket control arms.
9. Any suspension stabilizer/ reinforcement bars or traction enhancing devices are allowed.
10. Sway bars may be removed.
11. Outer frame rail notching is allowed. Inner frame rails must remain in the stock location.
12. Reinforcement at the inner rear frame rail is allowed.
13. No quarter panel modifications except rolled inner lips.
14. Minor modifications to the stock rear wheel wells allowed.
15. Factory stock appearing front inner wheel wells required. Trimming for down-pipe clearance is allowed.
16. No wheelie bars.
18. A brake system line-lock is allowed.
19. The driver’s name on the side window is allowed. Sponsor or vendor decal(s) are acceptable on the rear window and rear quarter glass windows (where applicable).
20. The Turbo Trans Am must use the factory production stock K-member.

Engine

1. Any Buick V6 engine is allowed.
3. Any type of valve covers and oil pan is allowed.
4. The factory stock intake manifold or cast intake manifold (i.e. Champion or BG Customs) is allowed. - External welding, cold epoxy welding or puttying for performance enhancement is not allowed. An EGR block-off plate is allowed.
5. Any ignition system is allowed
6. The factory stock plenum with a spacer or aftermarket cast aluminum intake plenum is allowed.
7. Any size single modified stock or aftermarket throttle body is allowed. Only a single throttle plate is allowed.
8. Any type stock location exhaust headers are allowed. EGT gauge probe bungs that are welded into the headers are allowed.
9. Any single or dual exhaust system (4” diameter max for either) is allowed. Systems used must muffle and exit in the stock location(s). A closed (muffled) exhaust must be used during eliminations and qualifications.
10. Any diameter down-pipe size (from the turbo) is allowed. The down-pipe must be routed through the stock location. No flex pipe is allowed.
11. Stock or Factory carburetor or EFI that is OEM for that specific year make & model vehicle is allowed.

Turbo
1. No Restrictions
2. Any waste gate configuration is acceptable.

Intercooler

1. Any stock location , liquid, or front mounted air-to-air intercooler is allowed.
Non intercooled cars are allowed!

Engine Management & Fuel System

1. Any stock, modified ECM or an aftermarket engine management system (i.e. FAST XFI, Accel DFI, MoTec, Bigstuff etc..) is allowed.
2. Any fuel acceptable, alcohol injection permitted

Engine Compartment

1. The power steering must be operational, with the belt, in the stock location.
2. The stock alternator must be operational, with the belt, in the stock location.
3. Any engine compartment “dress-up” item is allowed.
5. Any stock or replacement radiator mounted in the stock location is allowed.
6. 1984-1985 Grand National/ T-Types, i.e. “Hot Air” cars, running in hot air configuration, may compete without factory installed air conditioning components. The factory heater box must remain intact.
7. Any car configured as a 1986-1987 Turbo T/ Grand National or 1989 Turbo Trans Am MUST have all factory installed air conditioning and heater components.

Transmission & Differential

No Restrictions

Tires & Wheels

1. Any matched set of four (4) chrome steel or aluminum wheels are allowed.
2. Rear DOT radial tires with a sidewall designation of up to and including 295-55 are allowed with a stated treadwear of 200 and above. (drag radials and slicks prohibited)

Interior

1. A full stock appearing interior is required.
2. Race seats are allowed only if the seats are attached to the rear crossbar of the roll bar (where applicable) AND the seats are painted and upholstered to match the factory interior.
3. Any transmission shifter is allowed.
4. Any type and number of additional gauges are allowed.
5. Stock and/or aftermarket seat restraints are required.

* Rules may be amended or modified at any time for any single occurrence and for good cause.*

Are tubular front A-arms w/stock springs or coil-overs allowed? Also what is the max tire width and diameter?

Are tubular front A-arms w/stock springs or coil-overs allowed? Also what is the max tire width and diameter?
Yes allowed, any tire up to and including 28 inches in diameter and measured footprint up to 11 inches in width

Time to polish up the rim's with the BFG's!!!!

will remeber to put in trailer!!!!

JD

Engine

1. Any stock RWD Buick V6 engine is allowed.

Engine Compartment[/B]

6.78-85 1984-1985 Grand National/ T-Types, i.e. “Hot Air” cars, running in hot air configuration, may compete without factory installed air conditioning components. The factory heater box must remain intact.

Added some possible changes for you Clint.:)

Added some possible changes for you Clint.:)

1. Engines no, would be almost impossible to police to see if it was "stock"
2. Engine compartment I have no issues, fine with me. If noone is in disagreement with this it will be amended this evening

I was saying the block because you can adapt the FWD block to the RWD platform fairly easily. The differences are that the RWD block has the "ears" for the tranny to mount so just looking at the back of the engine or just running your hand to the back of the block you should be albe to tell it.:)

you make a good point however with the great equalizer being the regular radial tire, I forsee this as a non issue. Plus as the rules are written it can be changed at anytime. I don't see any other buick events adopting this class as of now, seems only tb nats is the only place

I know its a little late to the game since its after the 15th.... but the only thing preventing me from running this is the AC requirement. I took it out for easier access after I realized I hadn't turned it on in over two years even though it had a new compressor. :) Seems like the main limitation is the weight and stock suspension requirement anyway. Not that it affects me, but the only other things I see that don't really matter are stock alternator and power steering. I'd love to get some tires for this class in the spring. :biggrin: