2015 TSO Rules Discussion

HighPSI

Staff member
Please post up any rule change proposals so we may discuss them. You are supposed to have raced the class in the last two years to do this. If you were at BG in 2013 and intended to run TSO, you can still make a proposal (I'm pretty sure I know every TSO racer).

Additionally, if someone else would like to be the RRA, please speak up.

I would like to see the class go to 1/8 mile, no air to water or wheelie bar penalties and any exhaust exit without mufflers.

I have heard from a couple other racers who also want 1/8 mile racing to go up for vote. Based on the limited responses here, I assume most everyone else (aside from Tom) is content with the rules. I'll wait another week or so before we put things to a vote.

200 lb weight break for race fuel (c16,q16 etc)

Or some type of penalty for e85 mixed fuel cars

Open up to any fuels including alcohol (with weight penalty)

Any exhaust exit any where

I would also like to see no passenger seat required. Lets get the rules close to the ultra/ultimate street, ×275 and 8.5 rules since we only have one good race a year. I am spending alot of money to make my car fit several classes for local racing and would be awsome to not have to change it alot for the bg race

Since there doesn't seem to be any more traffic on rule changes, I will prepare a ballot with a list of eligible voters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the following changes have been brought up:

1) Change to 1/8th mile racing (effects every racer)
2) No penalty for wheelie bars (doesn't currently effect any racer)
3) No liquid intercooler penalty (effects 4 racers)
4) Any Exhaust exit without mufflers (doesn't currently effect any racer)
5) *200 lb weight break for race fuel (c16,q16 etc) or penalty for e85 mixed fuel cars (effects 4-5 racers)
6) *Open up to any fuels including alcohol with weight penalty (doesn't currently effect any racer)
7) No passenger seat required (doesn't currently effect any racer)

* = if voted in, we will have to determine the appropriate weight penalty

Based on my records, the following racers get a vote:

Richie Balcom
Jason Cramer
Don Cruz
Paul Dubois
Dave England
Dave Fiscus
Tony Gomes
Gary Harmon
Justin Hinderer
Todd Humphrey
Jimmy Morrison
John Plog
Martin Riendeau
Tom Robison
Ross Roman
Tim Szabo
Brad Tennyson
George Thompson
Billy T
Jason White

Please text or PM me your votes. Almost received half of them. Once I get down to the last few I'll try and chase them down. That way we can finalize everything

That is a great question Brad. I have been asking most of the guys who voted if they are going. If we can get 6-8 cars I am going to try and raise some additional money above whatever the BPG/Norwalk guys give.

I'm still waiting on 3 votes: Tim Szabo, Martin Riendeau, and Justin Hinderer. Justin is getting me his. Two of the rules are sitting at 8 vs 9, so their votes are important.

EDIT!! I misunderstood how Billy T voted on Rule1. It is now a tie.

Results are in! Since voting on some proposals were very close, I had to wait to receive every vote before I could post the results. I'll post up how everyone voted in my next post.

Rule change #1:
Change to 1/8th mile racing. This was proposed last year, also. (effects every racer)

10 votes A) Change TSO racing to 1/8th mile
10 votes B) Leave TSO Racing as a 1/4 race

Rule tied

Rule change #2:

Remove weight penalty for wheelie bars. Currently there is a 50# penalty for wheelie bars(currently, no racers are using wheelie bars)

5 votes A) Remove 50# weight penalty
15 votes B) Leave Rules Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Rule change #3:
Remove weight penalty for liquid intercoolers. Currently there is a50# penalty for liquid intercoolers. This was proposed last year, also. (currently effects 4 racers)

6 votes A) Remove 50# weight Penalty
14 votes B) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Rule change #4:
Allow exhaust to exit anywhere without mufflers. Current rules state: EXHAUST: No part of turbo exhaust may exit forward of engine flywheel area and a muffler is required. (doesn't currently effect any racer)

9 votes A) Allow exhaust to exit anywhere without mufflers
11 votes B) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Rule change #5:
200 lb weight break for race fuel (c16,q16 etc) or penalty for e85 mixed fuel cars. Currently, there are no weight penalties for different fuel types. A variation of this was proposed last year, also (effects 5 racers)

3 votes A) 200# weight break for gasoline based race fuels
3 votes B) Weight Penalty for E85 fuel (Penalty amount TBD)
15 votes C) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Rule change #6:
Open up to any fuels including alcohol with weight penalty, Currently, only Gasoline and e85 fuels are allowed. (doesn't currently effect any racer)

4 votes A) Allow alternate fuels with a weight penalty (Penalty amount TBD)
16 votes B) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Rule change #7:
No passenger seat required. Current Rule: Interior: Stock appearing dashboard and passenger seat required, door panels required, interior must be carpeted and as close to factory appearing as possible. Rear seat may be removed, but area shall be carpeted. (doesn't currently effect any racer)

4 votes A) Allow the removal of the passenger seat
16 votes B) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

Last edited:
Below is how everyone voted. Please notify me of any mistakes.

ABBBCBB Richie Balcom
BBBBBBB Jason Cramer
BBAAAAA Don Cruz
BBBBCBB Paul Dubois
BBBBCBB Dave England
ABBBCBB Dave Fiscus
AAAACBB Tony Gomes
ABBBCBB Gary Harmon
AABACBB Justin Hinderer
ABBBBBB Todd Humphrey
ABBACBB Jimmy Morrison
BABACBB John Plog
BAABCAB Martin Riendeau
AAAAAAA Tom Robison
BBAACBA Ross Roman
ABBBCBB Tim Szabo
BBBBCBB Brad Tennyson
ABBBCBB George Thompson
BBBABBB Billy T
BBAAAAA Jason White

Last edited:
1/8 mile ? Guess I had better start working on the reaction times now. Could be several rounds with the faster car going out with a bad light and no time to run the slower car down.