You can type here any text you want

208/208cam - any good? how fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

413turbo

i got a new 208/208 cam, comp lifters, and lt1 springs. i think the cam came from full throttle, not sure. so i'm building in my world "a hot street car". is this a decent cam, what can it do? :confused: what would you use? i'm not wanting to move into the roller setup, yet. thanks for any input...

i got a new 208/208 cam, comp lifters, and lt1 springs. i think the cam came from full throttle, not sure. so i'm building in my world "a hot street car". is this a decent cam, what can it do? :confused: what would you use? i'm not wanting to move into the roller setup, yet. thanks for any input...

The cam should be good for high 10's but I wouldn't use those LT1 springs( too strong)..

I would break in the cam with the old worn out stock springs first so you don't wipe a lope . Then I would just get a set of comp. 980 springs..

ok, that's an idea that makes sense. i know this old-school stuff, but my money tree isn't big, and i'm also using this as learning experience :p

ok, that's an idea that makes sense. i know this old-school stuff, but my money tree isn't big, and i'm also using this as learning experience :p

Well with the small money tree you just have to change the springs after the cam break in (labor is free). You don't want to much spring pressure on that flat tappet and risk wiping the lope then you would have all that material going thru the bearings:(

I like my 208/208 cam in my car, pulls good on the top end, I did the heads at the same time so not sure where all the power came from probably a combination of the two. Gained about 4 mph in the 1/4 mile with the heads/cam combination.

Chuck

The cam should be good for high 10's but I wouldn't use those LT1 springs( too strong)..

I would break in the cam with the old worn out stock springs first so you don't wipe a lope . Then I would just get a set of comp. 980 springs..

As of the spring break in. That is only way to break it in with the old springs. I have had the best of luck with the bee hive comp cam springs. It is a single spring not like the LT1's have a inner spring that cam coil bind. Spend the little extra for the springs and you can use them on a roller cam in the future.

I believe geno in washington went down to low tens with his 208/208-i have a kenne bell 204/204 in one of my motors with their 104 lb springs- worked flawlessly.

Back