You can type here any text you want

$21,000 cash for the nicest 10 sec GN Offered

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

I am looking to buy a solid mid 10's or faster GN.
Block must be built properly to do this, with all the proper components.

Must have Mint Paint, mint interior and be under 60k miles.
No fuel cell cars, or tubbed. Just a stock appearing and driving car.

Must be a 200R 4 car.

I am willing to pay up to 21k for the right car, so please only respond if you truely have a quality Car in this Calibre.

No dealers please, I want a to buy the car from a owner who knows about it.

Interested parties Kindly respond to this thread or email me at dennis@composite-tech.com

Please send pictures and a description of your car.

Thank you very much.

Dennis

I have a car close to what you are looking for , sorry it has 93k on it pm me if you have any interest

Here ya go...

My GN is out of commission but i'd sell it for the right price. It appraised thru the GSCA for $19,500 BEFORE I rebuilt the lower end last year, freshend the heads, & upgraded the turbo.

It was a high 10 car back in the mid 90s then I parked it in '98.

This is how it's sitting right now:
outofcommission.JPG

These pictures are from 4 years ago but this is what it looks like out of storage (some of those links don't work but try 'em anyway):
http://www.geocities.com/buickman69

I'm very burned-out on "turbo Buicks", wanting to get back to "V8 Buicks". I really don't care if I do or don't sell it, it's not eating anything & it's not advertised or "officially" for-sale.

If interested or have any questions call me & 615-948-1144.

$21,000 for a 10 sec GN

Alaskabuick said:
I am looking to buy a solid mid 10's or faster GN.
Block must be built properly to do this, with all the proper components.

Must have Mint Paint, mint interior and be under 60k miles.
No fuel cell cars, or tubbed. Just a stock appearing and driving car.

Must be a 200R 4 car.

I am willing to pay up to 21k for the right car, so please only respond if you truely have a quality Car in this Calibre.

No dealers please, I want a to buy the car from a owner who knows about it.

Interested parties Kindly respond to this thread or email me at dennis@composite-tech.com

Please send pictures and a description of your car.

Thank you very much.

Dennis
If you have that cash ($21K), why not build it youself in this way you have full control and choice with the build up.

Time

Well I have thought about that, but looking at the economics and time it is makes more sense to find one done. I have a current 86 GN with 50k that is in excellent shape with the exception of the original paint that is checked.

I have done the, heads, 35/61 turbo, 50lbs, and all the other stuff, spent over 14k on this car over the years. The car is plenty fast, ran it once 12 flat with a 2.1 60' spinning. So the car is definatly low 11's with good traction.

To paint my car it will cost me 8k here is Alaska to get the type of paint I want. Rebuilding my Block to go where I want (girdle, main caps) will take some $ and much of my time. I have a Family of 3 young boys and Run my own bussiness, extremley busy. I work on these cars enough already and just dont have the time to take on the project of upgrading my car. I also have a 70 GSX and a Stage 2 70 wagon as well, and trust me their is always something to do on these two cars. I do enjoy a certain amount of working on the cars, but after awhile it begins to take the fun out of it. I think everyone can relate to that. My kids get tired of seeing Dads butt hanging out from under the hood when they want to play with Dad.

I have a buyer for my car and will just sell it. I am looking for the right car, this is why I posted 21k this is a fair number for a decent car. Im not looking for a low dollar deal but a good car and my offer is in the ball park for sure.
I have indeed been PM'd with over 20 offerings fron this post. I have narrowed it down to two cars, having a buddy look at one today.

I guess my life has flip floped as I get older, I used to have more time then money, now I have more money than time. I just want to lay out the dough and turn the key.

Dennis

carmelo gaudite said:
If you have that cash ($21K), why not build it youself in this way you have full control and choice with the build up.

You must be high if you think you can build a car like that for $21K. I have way over $30K in mine and over $40K if you count paying for screwed up motors.

Let me know how it goes with the other car Dennis.

I have one for $18,500 and have close to $40,000 in it If your really looking for a cherry one let me know.It has most of every thing you are looking for but it has a BOP 400 in it.I have not ran the car with the new PTE Intercooler and the LT-72 turbo.It also has a roll cage installed It was $2500 just for the cage.If your looking to go fast you might want to give this a look before you buy somthing else. ;)

thanks

I am really looking for a car without a cage, I realize most cars this fast will have one.

Just a clean unmolested car that will run mid 10's is what I am looking for.

Thank you for the offer but really want a 200r car.

Dennis

I have to ask, what is the point of having a mid 10 sec car if you will not be able to race it?
11.99 or faster requires a roll bar plus many other safety things.

Yes 11.49 here as well.

As for what the point is that is just what I want.

Many people want certain things and this is what I want.

Dennis

I will be starting a new trend so that I'm not jumping this trend trying to sell my car.I wish you best of luck finding the GN you are looking for Alaskabuick :)

I Have a burgundy 87 T-type for sale. Fresh motor TRW pistons, Eagle crank, stock rods. Car runs 10.60's. 16K firm. I will send you some pics.

$21k

turbosam6 said:
You must be high if you think you can build a car like that for $21K. I have way over $30K in mine and over $40K if you count paying for screwed up motors.

Let me know how it goes with the other car Dennis.
I didn't mean $21K to build a 10 sec car from scratch, he has an 86 GN to build up, that $21K will go a long way.

Back