You can type here any text you want

$21,000 cash for the nicest 10 sec GN Offered

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Cheeseburger said:
I have to ask, what is the point of having a mid 10 sec car if you will not be able to race it?
11.99 or faster requires a roll bar plus many other safety things.
Many tracks do make exceptions, legally or not. Our local eighth mile track allows us to run on fun night, but not faster than 7.5 on race day. Since I don't bracket race I can still enjoy the car on fun night, something to consider if you don't want a roll bar.

Hey guys just thought I'd let you know Dennis is on vacation and is most likely buying my GN next week. I don't think he has email access where he is so he may not get back with you until next week if at all. I think he's pretty set on my car.

Dennis, if the deal with turbosam6 doesn't work out then I know of a car you might be interested in. It's a friend of mine who has just considered selling his 87 GN. It has over 60k miles but is much nicer than a lot with less than 60k miles. It has nice fresh paint, interior is mint. Motor is new with stock crank and rods with TRW pistons, RJC girdle, Fully Ported GN1's and 212-206 Billet Roller cam from Dave Weber. LT-70 turbo, Cotton's front mount, stock ECM with Translator Extreme, 72# injectors with ATR double pumper fuel system. Fresh Vince Janis 200R-4. I could go on and on about what all it has. Car has always been garage kept.

We ran it for the first time last week in the Alabama humidity and it went 6.95 at 98mph in the 1/8 mile which is a easy 10.90 pass on only 24# boost on only it's 4th pass. He can drive it anywhere he pleases and often does. He has owned the car for several years and is thinking of doing another project and this one would have to go.

We can post pics or e-mail if interested. Just let me know.

$18,500

Sams car

Thanks Guys,

I am flying out this week to take a look at Sams Car in Illinois. I will let you know how things go or if I am still looking. At this point Sams car seems to fit the bill for what I am looking for.

However I do have a good Buddy here in Fairbanks who is looking for the same type of car that I am. So If any of you want to send pics and info I will forward it on to my Buddy. He is a for real buyer and looking for a good car.
Send pics to dennis@composite-tech.com

Thanks,

Dennis

Purchased car

Well I finally decided on a car and bought turbosams car today in IL.

I would like to thank all that responded to my post. Unfortunatly I could only buy one car but would of like to of bought many. All nice cars that were submitted.

I am very happy with Sams GN and he represented it honestly, very nice car.

I will be taking the Car to INDY Today and will be their thru the weekend.

Would like to Hook up with some Buick guys in the area since I have a couple of days to kill till the car ships out. Could also use some advice on FAST system that is new to me.

Once again, thank you all for the responce and I have forwarded all submittals to a friend of mine in AK that is also looking for a car as well.

Respectfully,

Dennis
Cell while in INDY 907-590-0592

Dennis:

Congrats on your purchase.Turbosams car sounds very nice.I live in Indy and will try and give you a call sometime.Where are you going to be staying??

Glad you found a nice one. My freind has decided not to try and sell his car. He thought he was set to go through with it but when it came time to take the pics he just couldn't go through with it.

How about putting up some pics and details on the car you just bought.

friends car

Dusty,

I have found that to be very common with TB owners. I have had 3 people toll me the same thing. They got cold feet when it came time to really sell.

I myself did the same thing last week with my 86 GN. A guy called on my old ad and wanted to look at it, I told him I decided to keep it. He ended up being a freind of mines relative so I said ok you can take a look at it. Long story short, he made me a offer I could not refuse. It was painfull to see the old girl go, had that car for 13 years.

Dennis

Dusty Bradford said:
Glad you found a nice one. My freind has decided not to try and sell his car. He thought he was set to go through with it but when it came time to take the pics he just couldn't go through with it.

How about putting up some pics and details on the car you just bought.

Hi

Hey you got a good deal on Sams car!! :) These days a clean TR that will run mid 10's an is done right that you can drive anywhere is getting rare to find. I know I was looking for one once . Never found one so I bought one of the cleanest Tr's I have ever seen an built my own. I would have been glad to find one for 21K back then.. Nice to know if I ever get ready to sell I want have a problem.. :eek: Dusty built my motor an done a great job now if I can get some more break in miles an it drop a good 30 degrees out I can turn her up ;) an see what she will do..

Back