21st Annual Buick/Olds/Cadillac Race/Show in Norwalk

Raggedrides

Catfish Wrangler
Passing the word along. Next week we'll have 19 weeks remaining until the race! We've had a decent showing of Turbo Buicks, but the more the merrier. If you have any questions, feel free to hit us up on Facebook as we're there to answer questions and keep everyone updated. I try and get to the forums as often as possible, but forget from time to time.

Here's a few hyperlinks:
2018 Race Flyer Text Flat.jpg

What all classes will be run? Bracket? Index? Sportsman tree? Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and I made a weekend out of it last year. There was a better turnout of Buick’s then the year before, but I feel that the event is very poorly advertised. Brian Lorenz’s open house was the day before and a lot of guys there didn’t even know about it. It was a great time, and the track is beautiful. We’ll be there again this year.

It has always been a word of mouth type deal. What I've personally been attempting to do this year is promote the race online, especially by using the brand and model specific Facebook groups. That seems to generate a decent amount of buzz, but the unfortunate thing is never really knowing whether it makes a difference until the event happens.

What's this open house you speak of? I just made some flyers and want to get them mailed out to some places that could place them for customers, and also hit up events to promote it. One block I run into with the old schoolers is that they aren't online as much as the younger generation, so I have trouble getting out to them. If you have some Buick (especially Turbo Buick) specific spots I should hit up, I'm all ears!

Thanks for the input!

My son and I made a weekend out of it last year. There was a better turnout of Buick’s then the year before, but I feel that the event is very poorly advertised. Brian Lorenz’s open house was the day before and a lot of guys there didn’t even know about it. It was a great time, and the track is beautiful. We’ll be there again this year.

My friend and I. (Both Buick racers) first heard of this event at Lorenz open house. If we knew of the Norwalk race we definitely would have brought our cars and raced. We will probably be there this year. I’m hoping Brian will have his open house the day before again. Makes for a good weekend.

It has always been a word of mouth type deal. What I've personally been attempting to do this year is promote the race online, especially by using the brand and model specific Facebook groups. That seems to generate a decent amount of buzz, but the unfortunate thing is never really knowing whether it makes a difference until the event happens.

What's this open house you speak of? I just made some flyers and want to get them mailed out to some places that could place them for customers, and also hit up events to promote it. One block I run into with the old schoolers is that they aren't online as much as the younger generation, so I have trouble getting out to them. If you have some Buick (especially Turbo Buick) specific spots I should hit up, I'm all ears!

Thanks for the input!

Brian Lorenz, Limited87 on here, has his shop in Ohio. Last year, we drove my 86 t type to his event Saturday morning, then up to Norwalk that Saturday night. The weather wasn’t good Saturday (rain most of the day), but there was still a pretty good turnout. I’m not sure if he’ll be doing it this year, though. Would be nice if this was made into a yearly event since we no longer have the Buick race day event at Norwalk.
There’s a lot of Buick guys from that area. I was just surprised more of them didn’t show up. I’m a member of the V8buick board also, and I haven’t seen anything about the Dick Miller event over there.

Last edited:
Brian Lorenz, Limited87 on here, has his shop in Ohio. Last year, we drove my 86 t type to his event Saturday morning, then up to Norwalk that Saturday night. The weather wasn’t good Saturday (rain most of the day), but there was still a pretty good turnout. I’m not sure if he’ll be doing it this year, though. Would be nice if this was made into a yearly event since we no longer have the Buick race day event at Norwalk.
There’s a lot of Buick guys from that area. I was just surprised more of them didn’t show up. I’m a member of the V8buick board also, and I haven’t seen anything about the Dick Miller over there.

Hey man I appreciate the heads up. I got in touch with Brian so we'll have something worked out by then. Having more of you turbo guys out there would be awesome.

My friend and I. (Both Buick racers) first heard of this event at Lorenz open house. If we knew of the Norwalk race we definitely would have brought our cars and raced. We will probably be there this year. I’m hoping Brian will have his open house the day before again. Makes for a good weekend.

Looks like we just might be hitting both events this year , I loved Norwalk , nice track !!

Hey guys. Been awhile since I've peeked in here, but we're down to 24 days until the race and I figured I'd stop by. We're hustling to get the car back together at this point. We're going with a Torqstorm supercharged 350 this go around. Any of you folks on Facebook? If so, follow Dick Miller Racing Inc and you'll find all the details there. We actually have some cool prizes up for grabs this year, including the Torqstorm blower in the original flyer posted up top. But we've also added a Holley Sniper EFI unit and two distributors. The dizzy's will be Holley or MSD, winner's choice.

As most of you guys know, Lorenz Racing & Performance will be hosting an Open House the day before the race. Overall, it's looking like it's going to be a great weekend. Two nights of test'n'tune, a Turbo Buick Open House and the race. And the ROP Bash Saturday which is going to be some good eating!

Here's the breakdown for the EFI and distributors:
• ONE Holley Sniper EFI unit for Stock winner.
• ONE Holley or MSD Distributor Gift Certificate for Stock runner up.
• ONE Holley or MSD Distributor Gift Certificate for Powder Puff winner.
* Distributor Gift Certificate EXCLUDES Pro Mag.