You can type here any text you want

235/60/15's - Will they fit? etc.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
I'm planning on going to larger rolling stock later on, but for now, I'm going to put the orig. wheels back on with some new tires. I'm looking at the BFG Radial T/As...just something for everyday driving (though it doesn't get driven everyday now ;)) and the occasional trip to the strip. So, my questions are these:

1) Will I have any problems fitting 235/60's? I can't imagine any problems in the rear but what about the front?

2) Any reason not to go with the BFG Radial T/As?

235/60s will fit just fine. Could I suggest doing a 235/60R15 up front and a 255/60R15 out back? Its an option for ya.......... just put Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on my buddys limited in that size combo, looks great :) HTH

Thanks for the quick reply Neil :). The only reason I'm sticking with the 235's is I want the car to appear stock as much as possible...;). But, I bet those 255's give it a mean stance :eek: :biggrin:. Would you, or anyone else for that matter, recommend the Indy's or another tire over the Radial T/As? Everything I've read says they're pretty good, even from some other TR owners. Thanks everyone :cool:

Well, being that I work at Firestone, Im kinda partial :) Either one will work. Indy 500s have an ugly white letter sidewall, but a nice blackwall side on them. We just painted the white letters black on my buddys and put them on the inside. If you want white letter, I suggest the TAs.

Now I know why you went with the Indy's lol. I'll actually be putting Firehawk Wide Oval's on her once I get a set of 17's. I just put them on my 93 Z28 less than a year ago and love 'em. :D

I just sold my 16" GTA wheels with 225/55R16 front, and 245/50R16 rear WIDE OVALS. KICK ASS TIRES!!! Wish they made the size I need in 18". They dont, so Im just going with the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions instead. :D Indy's are nice, but if you want white letters, I wouldnt run em. HTH man, later

lol Naw, don't like white's on the outside. Thanks for the help, much appreciated :biggrin:

No Problem Dude!!!!!!!!! Im a "tire guy" haha Sometimes I just go back in the stock room and take in a big wiff :)

8UWITH6 said:
No Problem Dude!!!!!!!!! Im a "tire guy" haha Sometimes I just go back in the stock room and take in a big wiff :)

Mmmmmmmm...unburnt tire... :biggrin: lol

Thats my car Neil is talking about..
I just removed the BFG's because they were old and i almost slammed into a car during the rain, two days later Neil installed the Firestone tires on my car.

Honestly the Firestone tires are great, but the firestone 235's look like BFG 225s and the Firestone 255's look like BFG 245... AT LEAST IT STOPS IN THE RAIN NOW!!!
I can take a picture of them if you like, my daily now has the stock wheels with the 255 and 235s.
PS
Steve87GN i couldnt find the info on those bushings, might just call them and ask if they have the GNX bushings, ask for a picture :biggrin:

BW

Hey, any and all pics are welcome with me :). Also, thanks for your help with the bushings Bryan, I'll give ES a call and see what they say.

I think I'll go with the BFGs for now, Wide Ovals when I get my 17's :cool:

I run 235 BFG drag radial mounted on stock T rims all the time on my car now. I've gotten 1.75 60' with them. I will probably go with 255/60s M/T drag radials next time.

Back