You can type here any text you want

240sx swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
Hey hows it going guys, gnttype.org has been down for awhile so im setting up camp here for now. I was wondering if anyone has heard of putting a a GN engine into a 93 nissan 240sx with a t-56. I have both and am curious if anyone has done it. The nissans light weight and fun to drive, but with this engine it would definatly one of a kind. thanks

Nissan, Good idea
T-56, Bad idea turbos and manuals are fun but not terribly practical for much of a drag car and the Turbo6 has enough issues with thrust bearings than to take the abuse of a clutch. There was a guy with a 2XXZ with a Turbo6 in it a while back, even did a Corvette D44 IRS swap in it too. I'd go for a Turbo6 and TH200-4R and focus on breaking the rearend. However, its your car and if you want to install a T-56, by all means do and enjoy the heck out of it.

i just bilt a 87 rx7 with gnx motor now i want to put 4.1 w/ 3.8 non turbo heads w/ bigger turbo

Exactly how light it is a 240SX? I had a 94' Convertible 240 and that thing was a tank. I know they are a little heavier due to frame strengthening.

Curious about the hard tops weight.

I think they the weight is around 2800-2950lbs (93 coupe) dont hold me to that, but they are quite the nimble car. I'm not looking to make a drag car out of it, I just want to have a imported car powered by one of the greatest unknown powerplants. I think it would be great to tell kids that I'd rather have a buick engine under the hood instead of a turbo 4 cylinder, dont get me wrong the sr20det is pretty potent but screw that import sound. Thats why i refuse to put exhasut on this car right now. Also if I had a six speed I could easily outrun anyone on the road (i dont like being pulled on). I have an engine that should make about 750lbs torque, and 5-550hp, but i need more money to get it running. I just think it would be cool to have something a little different than everyone else, and this combo would definatly be one. Plus my car looks kindda gay and i need to make up for that. Just a thought, I still love my american muscle, but they really dont handle compared to an import.

Back